The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my facelift dash doesnt feel rubbery

ashbuster

im going to paint my facelift dash to cover up some marks on it

ive read that its covered in a rubber type coating but mine doesnt feel rubbery it feels like plastic and when you rub your nail over it the sound its a plastic sound as its hard and not soft

does this mean someones done the hardwork for me ? :D

tt12.jpg

old photo of the dash

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

i dont like the material mate im not into that or flocking, i hate the stuff.

im having some carbon skinned ones in around 3 months time when they can be made so this is just for now to hide the marks on it.

i have stainless dash pieces and plasma dials coming so just want to tidy it up a little while i wait for my carbon ones :)

In regard to this 'rubber coating' why do people take the effort to get it off, my dash is facelift so I sprayed it satin gunmetal, however, the replacement manual surround I got(as the clips had broken on my original one) was pre-facelift and I just primered straight over the top of the rubber coating and then sprayed it and it's fine :search: .