The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon dipped alloys ?

davis6110

Ok i have been looking at refurbing my wheels and was planning on just repainting them matt black but then i came across this

http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/

Some of you may have seen them at Japfest, They can basically dip anything in any colour / pattern you like, so i have been thinking maybe carbon dipped wheels would look good ?

untitled.JPG

What do you think ? or should i just stick to matt black ?

£50 a wheel + vat a lot !!!!!!!

Yeah i suppose, when you think about it if they are refurbing them aswell then they may aswell be a brand new set of wheels which aint too bad for £225, its because im used to having a mate refurb my wheels for £20 per wheel haha, you forget the real cost of things :p

Yeah i suppose, when you think about it if they are refurbing them aswell then they may aswell be a brand new set of wheels which aint too bad for £225, its because im used to having a mate refurb my wheels for £20 per wheel haha, you forget the real cost of things :p

We have some on the Marcos LM, you have to feel em to see if they are carbon or not.

We have some on the Marcos LM, you have to feel em to see if they are carbon or not.

Ah cool, so you think these would look better than matt black ? also could you pm me where you got yours done or did you buy them carbon as i have seen few places that sell carbon coloured alloys

That's pretty damn cheap, I don't think it will cover repairing the wheels at all, I imagine for that price they just dip them.

Yeah mine dont really need refurbing much anyway, theres no major curbing or anything on em its just the paint is worn and flaking off in places, i really like this and have never seen a car with carbon wheels so im seriously thinking about having this done, plus it will match my carbon bonnet, low spoiler and interior :D

These guys are based a few villages over from me and have recently done work on my Supra and my misses Evo. Really good work, and very friendly guys too! Currently they have done the steut brace in my engine carbon but i am looking at getting a few more bits done. The evo now has carbon bonnet and spoiler blade, unless being really really close and fussy it looks the real deal! :)

do you have any photos handy bud?

ive just noticed the crap at the bottom...

We cannot guarantee that every surface on the item(s) that you wish us to dip will be coated during the dipping process. This may apply to more complex shapes with different curvatures and crevices. We will draw this to your attention before we start work on the item(s) and a new quotation will be given should it lengthen the process. If after consultation we dip your item but are not able to achieve the finish you require, we will re-paint your item(s) to a colour of your choice. In this case a charge will apply of which you will be advised.

basically if they mess up its tough and you have to pay still and pay to have it repainted what a joke

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)