The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stop thieves from taking your car & stereo

Whitesupraboy2

Originally posted by Mad Ad

According to the ad its legal in this country and besides the thief will actually have to touch it so what the hell is he doing in YOUR car anyway? I always find my two Great Danes are deterrent enough!:twak:

Yep it is Legal to own, Legal to Put in your car and to Arm it BUT if it discharges into someone then they are within their rights to charge you with assault. The fact that they have broken into your car makes no difference, it is still assault:( its the same as if you caught a burglar and gave him a smack with a baseball bat he can still charge you with assault!

Great danes would work nicely though:D

Its just a pitty it only delivers a non-lethal shock to the car theif.

:innocent:

If it went the full hogg and burnt his little theiving hands off whilst also firing projectile tazers into his groin then I'd probably go and buy one !! LOL If he's going to sue you then at least you know you've got the better end of the deal.

Guest Dave_Refault
Originally posted by Nick

If I was a car thief and was shocked by a taser I'd break every window, smash every panel and slash every tire before leaving....

The best thing to do is make a car unappealing, Goodman’s stereos are a good start :p

If a thief did that to my car, I'd take the Taser and shove it up his arse. It'd bring a new meaning to 'ring of fire'.

So would I, trust me.

The point I'm trying to make is you're best off having security that people can't be bothered trying to get through. They might see the Tazer and be put off, but then they might try and have a go. Giving them a non fatal electric shock will only provoke a violent reaction and they're not just going to walk away are they? I know I wouldn't, I'd lash out at what ever was closest....

Its a great idea in principle, but

Thief can sue you and most likely will (with legal aid probably)

You might get your car kicked in if you piss them off, still maybe sometimes its better than losing it

I'd rely on a decent immob and alarm personally, do you really want to be the test case

maybe a under car flame thrower type device like they sell in SA would be better, at least then theres no evidence !! :)