The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any ideas what size wheels fit the ridox

ashbuster

hey guys

any ideas what size i have to look for for them to fit perfect in the arch like this

front and rear

shineautosupra2.jpg

ridox4.jpg

i dont really want to use spacers unless i have to but i want some wheels to fit like they do and i could do with knowing the size so i can price some up,

would be a pain if i ordered the wrong size

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

The Ridox kit is 30mm wider at the front and 50mm at the rear

Depends what width wheels you want to fit, the following widths and offsets would be flush with the wider arches.

Front 9.0 +05

Rear 10.0 -15

Front 10.0 +15

Rear 11.0 -05

The - and + indicates negative or positive off-set

The offset is the distance in mm between the centre line of the wheel rim, and the line through the fixing (hub) face. You can have positive, negative or neutral offset.

http://automodified.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Wheel-offset-explained.jpg

Depends what width wheels you want to fit, the following widths and offsets would be flush with the wider arches.

Front 9.0 +05

Rear 10.0 -15

Front 10.0 +15

Rear 11.0 -05

Just to explain how I worked out the offsets above, the wheel widths and offsets below would be almost flush with the stock wheel arches.

Front 9" +35

Rear 10" +35

The Ridox wheel arches are Front 30mm/Rear 50mm wider than stock, so if you want the wheels to be flush with the wider arches then the wheels would need to sit 30mm further out at the front and 50mm further out at the back. Assuming the wheels are the same widths then you would need to reduce the offsets by 30mm at the front and 50mm at the rear ie. Front +35 - 30mm = +05, Rear +35 - 50mm = -15.

Front 9" +05

Rear 10" -15

You can use this offset calculator to determine what offsets you will need for different wheel widths.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

any ideas on a good website that shows you different wheels and offsets and prices

ive looked over a few websites and cant seel to find what i need, ive looked on driftworks too and they only have 1 wheel in that size and its nasty.

i want to look over different wheels but no crazy prices just a nice set of wheels

Front 9.0 +05

Rear 10.0 -15

Front 10.0 +15

Rear 11.0 -05

In regards to the width of the arches thats what I had read too however in add heywoods thread "going full ridox" he says there not as wide as they say they are.

"The arches don't actually add as much width as what they say, rears about 35mm from the standard arches (50mm on spec) and fronts about 15mm (30mm on spec)."

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?262113-Going-full-Ridox-(Wide-Arch)/page6

thanks for pointing that out bud, ill wait untill the kits on or trial fitted and get a measurement

No prob and yeah I think thats the best option you wouldn't want to spend a fortune on wheels and then see they're not a good fitment :)