The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:-( Knight Racer - Please help

Guest suprasteven

Guest suprasteven

Well where do i start i am not in the happiest of moods!!

a few friends told me about knight racer way before i came on this forum so when i bought my supra i decided to book myself in to get my car worked on,

I then started to read all the horror stories about them but it was too late as i had paid my (None refundable deposit, and had dropped my car off in march!!)

I was told it would take 3 weeks to complete but due to my work i told Albert @ knight racer that i would only collect the car the last week of April

As i had not heard anything i started to call and email and yes contact was friendly, quick and good i started to realise that the car now at their place for 7 weeks was not nor no where near completed!! so i started to call more regularly and emails flew back and forth!! hence to say i told him that i d had enough and wanted to collect my car today

As i arrived they where still polishing off the car!! (it was filthy dirty all over (thats what they call polish) and i wont even get started on the inside!!) the front bumper was not on properly and angeling out with a massive GAP under the drivers headlight!! the paint work is the worst thing i ve ever seen but as it was dirty you could slightly get away with it!! all my supposed new window rubbers and roof seals (direct from toyota at £500) looked like they had come of a 50 year old car that had gone through hell rather than my 18 year old Sup!! the only thing that looked decent on the car was the trial rear bumper

Now i sat inside!!!!

none of the trims had been put back properly especially the back seats they looked like they had been thrown in their some how/ some way!!

my new dash that i had jus recieved from Dave which had been Carbon covered was damaged with a massive air bump in the main dash panel and the passengers door handle - DAMEGED :-(

the interior was all dirty white full of dust, smelt really bad and also full of what looked like to be dash shine!! - GREASE

I was not very please and told them exaclty what i thought as none of the other work i had asked for had been done - kph/mph coverstion, fitted my new dials etc

So only paid half which i felt that i shouldnt have even paid for that much as i feel riped off!! for my hard earnt money

He did tell me to bring the car back and that he would sort out every problem - but i dont really trust them anymore and would never leave my car there with them again

CAN ANY OF YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP?????

I need to know which would be the best bodyshop to take car to get these problems sorted like the rubbers and seals aswell because when i drove back to london you could hear the air zooming into the windows!! best closest to london if possible

i have spoken to Paul at Whifbitz he said he would help me with the dials and converstion and all the rest i wanna do on the car but he couldnt help me with the body!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suprasteven
I was going to contract you to see if you had you car back.... I think I was one of the lucky ones, with just a couple of hiccups, but generally ok! Hope you get it sorted soon

Hey mate, i think you were!!

I was going to message you a bit later, was compleatly shocked to be honest, the best thing about their service is the emails i think thats their strong point

but oh well live and learn, i wont be going back there any time soon!

i am glad urs was ok

Guest suprasteven

yes i will be taking pictures definatly will so everyone can see!!!

just got back home from them now and its dark so i ll take them tomorrow morning

Probably time for some sage advice for everybody on the forum, not saying this is what you did, but it is a good thread to highlight how to get the best from a tuning company.

When you hand a car over to a tuner or a paintshop do not let them have the car for any longer than necessary. The car will sit in the corner of a workshop waiting for the right moment to be done, or will be done and then left sitting in the workshop. It will continue to be in the way and they will have to move it out in the morning and back in the evening which means people getting in to and out of the car.

Ask them how long the car will take to be ready before handing it over, and say you are coming back on that date to collect. Then phone them each day to check how it is coming along.

Dont feel you are doing them a favour by saying you will collect when they have time to finish it, the car will sit there in the way and other work will take priority.

And make sure you have it in writing how much it will cost WITH VAT and be clear on what you want them to do.

Probably time for some sage advice for everybody on the forum, not saying this is what you did, but it is a good thread to highlight how to get the best from a tuning company.

When you hand a car over to a tuner or a paintshop do not let them have the car for any longer than necessary. The car will sit in the corner of a workshop waiting for the right moment to be done, or will be done and then left sitting in the workshop. It will continue to be in the way and they will have to move it out in the morning and back in the evening which means people getting in to and out of the car.

Ask them how long the car will take to be ready before handing it over, and say you are coming back on that date to collect. Then phone them each day to check how it is coming along.

Dont feel you are doing them a favour by saying you will collect when they have time to finish it, the car will sit there in the way and other work will take priority.

And make sure you have it in writing how much it will cost WITH VAT and be clear on what you want them to do.

Extremely good advice. We have all been there, if you don't call they forget about you and your pride and joy. My brothers smart roadsters engine failed and required a rebuild recently (it had only done 60k mile with full 'SMART' service history) he was told it would take a week to fix and cost £960, it has been four weeks now and it is still not done. He didn't keep on them. That's the trick!

Ps don't buy a smart roadster, they suck.

I feel sorry for any member who is new to the Supra scene. Certain names make me quiver as their previous work is a measure of what you can expect. I have seen a couple of examples of their work in the last few years and it makes me sure that I would never consider Knight Racer if I needed some work doing. There are too many decent painters between the NW and them to take the chance.

H.

Guest suprasteven
I did warn you!!

Very true mate, i should have listened but it was too late as my car had been handed in already and they where very adamanet that if i collected it or cancelled the deposit was non refundable, but seems like i ve lost out anyways and i missed Japfest becasuse of all this mess