The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of front bumper fitting advise please

Suprakeith

Really need some honest advice please has anyone ever had to remove the top bar in picture to fit a front bumper? its the bar that holds the flap of standard bumper between headlights. Reason i ask is because bin having alot of trouble getting a bumper from mad motors to fit, the bodyshop said it was wrong size

but few members on here said had to remove headlights so decided to try myself today and removed headlights and bumper still doesnt fit at all. and have bin told by another forum that to get bumper to fit have to cut the top bar off. has anyone does this? as it just seems mad to me and so wrong but thought best check

Yea its a veilside combat two bumper from madmotors.co.uk. Would a genuine one have the same problem? if so will look at getting different bumper for car either a bomex or do-luck, just want a bumper to fit without removing crash bar. And i will be sending it back for full refund once get some bubble wrap

Yea its a veilside combat two bumper from madmotors.co.uk. Would a genuine one have the same problem? if so will look at getting different bumper for car either a bomex or do-luck, just want a bumper to fit without removing crash bar. And i will be sending it back for full refund once get some bubble wrap

As said dont get a bomex then. You will be fine with a do luck tho ;)

The originals require it to be removed as well mate. Do-Luck is certainly an option, theirs a few others out there. Good luck with the search.

well i am going to send back that bumper for sure and then have a think for abit about what front bumper to get as i aint great with electrics on cars and hate wire work,just been reading the advert for the veilside bumper and not once does it mention crash bar has to be removed it says bumper may need slight work to get perfect fit which is what you expect from a bodykit

The originals require it to be removed as well mate. Do-Luck is certainly an option, theirs a few others out there. Good luck with the search.

Ummmmmmm........I dont think I removed the crash bar when I fitted my Veilside to my old NA. Cant really remember but the crash bar isnt in my garage and I wouldnt have chucked it.

May be mistaken though.

If you like the veilside bumper just remove the crashbar, there is no way of fitting it without removing it. I have done it to several supras, couldn't believe it at first either but then again what's the big deal? Just drive without crashbar, only thing when you have a crash you'll have a bit more damage, but just don't try to crash ;) There are thousands of veilsidesupras driving around it's not like the drivers are risking their lives driving it.

I do like the veilside bumper still iam just going to send it back and have think as iam thinking if redesign crash bar so it does fit could be idea as am going na-t soon and dont want the slightest knoock to damage intercooler and rad. would like bit of protection

I do like the veilside bumper still iam just going to send it back and have think as iam thinking if redesign crash bar so it does fit could be idea as am going na-t soon and dont want the slightest knoock to damage intercooler and rad. would like bit of protection

The crash bar is not there to save your life or even the radiator, its so the car complies with the various crash test at low speed to achieve type approval, I think it has to crash at 5mph with no damage, hence the crash bar having polystyrene over it and the front bumper being made of a plastic material. It will only pull the chassis legs in at higher impacts so prob better off buying new rads than needing a jig !!!