The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18" on front 17" on rear?

Robzki

I've left it a bit late to order tyres to get to japfest so I have a problem :( I have 2 sets of wheels 17" and 18". The 17" has good rear tyres and are 255/40/17, the 18" set has good fronts and are 235/40/18. Is it possible to run these sizes together as a last choice? They will look hideous as the fronts are 5 spoke and the rears are multispoke, I'm sure I can be hidden at the back of the clubstand though :)

I have been offered nexen 265/35/18s for £111 a tyre fitted if I order by 4pm but I'm not too happy about fitting them from the reviews. I can order falken452s for nearly the same price but don't think they will be here in time from camskill, unless their delivery is very quick.

any advice would be appreciated, fairly quick though ;)

I'm getting to the point of giving up on Japfest this year as it just seems to be one thing after another, yesterday my co-pilot dropped out so I'll be lonely with a poor wheel choice at the mo'

Rob

yes thats fine mate, a lot of guys in the US run that - steve m's Wagnan car has CCW's on the same set up :)

Thanks :) Are you sure they run decorsas on the front and Tsw on the rear? :) The tyre calculators are a little confusing but they seem to be fairly close in terms of rolling diameter.

Thanks for the help :thumbs: I know it will look cack but I hate being pressured to buy cheap tyres for one weekend as its a daily driver so will have to put up with a poor choice for a fair while.

Rob

Try tyretraders.com they deliver FAST and are cheap:)

Thanks, they do have a good choice and a lot of budget tyres, they are more expensive for the falcon452s though. I think I'll get by over the weekend and see what I can sort next week

Thanks again

Rob

Lol, thanks, I assume a different size front to rear is fine. :)

Lol, it's all good. As long as the rolling radius is as close to stock as possible, the size of the wheels and width of the tyres are the same on each axle, you'll be reet :)

Yeah, the CCW Classic configuration is a 315/30(or 35, I can't remember)/17 at the rear to go with a 275/30(or 35)/18 front. It works out about right so as long as you are staggered enough front to rear you should be ok :)