The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another MKV Supra

tbourner

:yeahthat:

Front end looks like something my dofg threw up! Dont like it at all. The supra is all about curves and nice lines...this just doesn't fit the bill for me.

The 400bhp sound good though :D And the aerotop factor is always a :thumbs:

It's not even that, it's a photoshop mockup of what someone completely unrelated to Toyota thinks one might look like, if they did decide to make one. Which Toyota haven't said they're going to.

They have said that the new Supra/MR2 prototypes going into production depends on how well received the GT-86 is though so fingers crossed :)

The problem with these concept cars and photoshop mockups are they will never actually be made.

However, the new Acura (Honda) NSX has made it to workable concept as driven by Tony Stark in the Avengers and is extremely sexy. http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2011/09/tony_stark_acura.jpg

Hopefully this will be a production car the same as the Audi R8 and Audi R8 Spyder from the previous Ironman films :)

The problem with these concept cars and photoshop mockups are they will never actually be made.

However, the new Acura (Honda) NSX has made it to workable concept as driven by Tony Stark in the Avengers and is extremely sexy. http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2011/09/tony_stark_acura.jpg

Hopefully this will be a production car the same as the Audi R8 and Audi R8 Spyder from the previous Ironman films :)

Under the body of that car driven in "the avengers" is a 1991 mk1 NSX..... so they didn't even manage to get a rolling chassis of the new NSX till the car was needed for the film.

Shame they trashed a 1991 NSX :(

I like the idea that there's a new supra coming but it my opinion it won't reach the status of a MKIV - never.

Nether the less japanese car manufacturer seem to recognize which cars their fans want - after a decade of rubbish (Honda - new NSX, Mazda New sports car with turboed rotary, of course the R35 GTR and finally Toyota with the GT86 and the new Supra)

regards, Herbert

I was in the pub in December last year and picked up this magazine sat in the rack. I took some snap shots of this article on the MKV on my iPhone with the intention of starting a thread on here. That never actually happened...but anyway...finally...here they are!! Essentially they were saying Toyota's accountants were waiting to see the markets reaction to the launch of the GT-86 and other sports cars to see if it would be viable to go ahead with the MKV, same as the link really.

IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0437.jpgIMG_0438.jpgIMG_0439.jpgIMG_0440.jpg