The mkiv Supra Owners Club

customers safety!

FOSTA

Ok as some of yous will know I bought the D2 big brake kit.

And I've had problems trying to get the the braided brake lines to fit without catching on the lower arm or the bottom of the suspension strut!

After spending 3 days messing around trying to tie them out the way, moving the banjo, using a custom bracket etc. but had no luck what so ever!

However I did finally manage to get around 1mm of clearance but im sure with road vibration it will touch now and again as the clearance is so close. This will cause it to wear through the line with time!

As this would be very dangerous I thought I'd e-mail the company who sold me the kit to see what they could come up with!

They asked for me to e-mail them pictures of the problem. So I did.

I then followd up with everything I had tried and they replied back saying that's what they would have suggested but since be already tried them, they will talk to there technical department!

I then asked if they could send out another set of braided lines maby a different aftermarket set to see they would be any better and then I would return the set that came with the d2 brake kit for them to investigate at there end.

And this is the e-mail I got back from them today :

Dear jamielfoster86,

Hi,

Thanks for your email,

I have shown your picture to the technical department, and they feel that there should be no issue with the

pipe wareing through as it is braded and flexably, and this is how we would fit the kit in house, we do offer a

six month warranty, and if you do have any issues, please contact me,

Kind Regards

- performance-motorsport-parts

Now I'm unsure if I'm reading this wrong but it seems like the seller has no care when it comes to customers safty on the products they sell!

If I just fitted them in the stock locations like I did! but if i didn't check for clearance issues I would never of known and if I was on the highway and the brakes failed on me due to wear in the lines this could of caused serious injury if not killed me!

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

This sucks, but at least you are safe in the knowledge that if you should crash, burn and die in the next 6 months you will get your money back, even after 6 months I'm sure you will still have statutory rights as a consumer, albeit dead, to claim they weren't fit for purpose

The Lines they provide with their kits are not vehicle specific; they are "universal".

I have seen this quite a few times, the lines I got when I installed my big brake kit were way too long.

I got some Goodridge stainless steel braided ones which were specifically designed for the Supra, perfect fitment.

The Lines they provide with their kits are not vehicle specific; they are "universal".

I have seen this quite a few times, the lines I got when I installed my big brake kit were way too long.

I got some Goodridge stainless steel braided ones which were specifically designed for the Supra, perfect fitment.

That's what I was thinking of doing mate! I just hope the banjo fitting is the same size.

Cheers for that mate atleast I know it's not just me.

;)

Maybe make your own isolator using some fuel hose with a slit down it and slide it over the bake hose, just for piece of mind.

That's a good idea but I think I would rather go with new lines so it doesn't catch at all just for pure piece of mind and safety.

Thanks though ;)

I wonder what their technical department actually consists of.

A man called Dave, who owns a car with brakes on it, instantly making him an expert in braking tecnology. Also having once bought some brake pads from Halfords he is an expert in sourcing braking parts.

Customer services suck, once they have your cash they don't care.