The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought a TT After 10 years of N/A ownership and couldnt be happier - Pics attached

Supralee

Morning All,

After recently seeing this Advert on EBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290702183117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was initially cautious as the Advert was Vague, Sounded like it had been thrashed and Chipping a Supra, Well says it all really.

I made numerous emails before the Guy Emailed me with his number, and on speaking to him was surprised how Genuine, Yet unusually old he sounded.

Anyway cut along story short, The bidding flew up and i decided not to bid, Didnt want to buy the car blind without seeing it. And i thought oh well theyll be others, but sent an email to the guy to let me know if he was messed around at end of auction as i was still interested (cause we all no it happens), and to my surprise he calls me and says that the winning bidder had made contact and said his SOn had bid on the car without his knowledge and Could not come up with the cash, Hence the call.

I said id come down to view only being 3 quarters of a hour away and expected it to be a dog to be honest, with all sorts of faults from the vague advert.

On arrival I was pleasently surprised by its cleanliness, And just could not get out my head that there were other undelying faults, and shocked to find an eldish gent greeting me (prob late 50s) apologies for any late 50s on here :p

Anyway it turns out this guy bought the car as a toy 3 years ago and not really used it much, and was only selling to Purchase a bike as he was a nut on Motorbikes, Failing the sale he was going to Cover it and leave it in his Garage.

ANyway i took it out and could not believe how Reponsive and tight everything seemed, And how well it boosted etc etc, and had a fellow mechanic friend with me look over it and could not find a fault. (and only done 300 miles since last MOT)

Anyway i dabble in a bit of car selling with cheap motors as well as my full time job, ANd this being in my Blood put across a cheeky Bid of £3300, to which i thought we could start negotiations from there, He um'd and ar'd and said as he believed id look after it etc etc, i could have it for £3400.

TO say i jumped at him with the cash was an understatement.

On the return journey home, i still expected it to blow up, or something but it was the nicest drive ever.

Even then once i got home I have looked through the History and there is loads and found after checking the car also it has the following.

Its a GZ

CW SMIC

HKS turbo Timer

Racelogic Traction Control

Thor DSC = TSD

THor FCD

HKS Ti Exhaust - double Decat (1st being envy, 2nd Unknown)

Inovit alloys

Cruise control (although this is the only thing i have found to not work)

CW 1.1 Bar Restrictor ring

Walbro Fuel Pump

UK sPEC Front Brakes with Goodrich Lines

Full Leather

Uprated Focal speakers

AMongst other things.

Attached some pics of My current N/A and My new TT. Ill be swopping some of the bits over and then selling my 5 Sp N/A.

N/A - When purchased

supra1.jpg

N/A after few modifications, Windows tinted, Graphics, And Do luck bumper bought from PArry,

IMG_1881.jpgIMG_1870.jpg

With TRD Bought from Raven :)

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Tried attaching someothers but wont upload for some reason.

Here are some of TT and N/A together,

IMG_2126.jpg TT

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg TT with Wheels and TRD -

IMG_2138.jpg

Apologies if ive bored everyone to Death but just wanted to highlight, Its worth looking at the cars even if the ads are extremely vague etc, The guy i bought this from was one of the nicest guys ive spoke to in a while alongside Raven and Parry :D

Edited by Supralee (see edit history)

Nice one lee, managed to get it for a cracking price as well youve had a result there. Are you going to convert from auto to manual as well? or just stick with auto?

Initially Just the Auto box mate, Looking at tidying up the Body (requires a little paint, may even change the colour) And a few little mods first - It needs a BOV :).

Congratulation on a good investment:thumbs: You going to keep both or going to sell the N/A now?

thanks :) No i barely drove the N/A due to it being a 2nd car, SO cant justify keeping it although i love the car, Swapping a couple of bits over then it will be going up for sale. :(

well done mate.

Glad your happy with it.

Cheers mate

Very good purchase with some great extras!

Hope it turns out to be a great car for you :)

Looks like a good little project to tidy up!:)

Cheers Guys,

A little TLC, Maybe a full respray And few bits thrown at it, Looking forward to a New project :)

Wow, fantastic purchase at that price :thumbs:

She looks perfect (other than the skirts) but loads of bits will just swap over. Well done.

I'd recommend getting a full exhaust and decat ASAP, it transforms the car and you'll have a permanent grin :)