The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The loudest Supra??

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof

At yesterday's meet we had a bit of a compermitition on who had the loudest car. The cars were tested idling (I) and at max noise stood still and revving ®. The results along with vehicle specs (general) were as follows. Note that a calibrated hand held unit at 1 metre from the exhaust was used BD (A) was recorded.

I R

Crimbo (NA stock) 65.2 80.4

Ian-R (TT, Greddy Ti Racing) 78.1 104.4

Suprarob (TT, Unknown exhaust) 85.3 104.2

Supra-rz (TT, Blitz NUR spec) 85.6 104.4

Colsoop (TT, Decat, HKS Hyper) 80.4 105.3

Lovatt (TT, Decat, Blitz NUR spec) 90.2 107.8 Damouk (TT, Decat, Blitz NUR spec) 86.9 110.8

Rays the roof (NA, Trial) 90.2 113.8

Guys if I have missed anything or put owt down wrong please correct. Thought the Blitz NUR spec's had three variant's??? (Lovatt/Damouk??)

Anybody else got similar info please add to list or PM me so that we can get a more comprehensive list.

Will bring the unit along to Santa Pod. Grab me (not literally except maybe for Faye and Supragal (JOKE)) and I will test yours so we have like for like. I have silver NA aerotop, veilside kit with TRD number plate.

;) :thumbs: ;)

I'd be interested to know what mine is.

Unfortunately not going to pod though.

TT with decat and Trial zorst.

What's the legal level? People say 105dB but never say whether it's dbA or dBm or dBW or anything so it could theoretically be any volume!! (I'm guesing dBa but I don't know much about it really).

I think mine will be the loudest by far,

I still have my cats in and i'm running a extra special toyota system with special 5" pipe welded to the end!!

:D

Only kidding, would love to know if a standard exhaust will actually record anything?

So i take it no one had an RSR, would be interesting to see a decatted RSR recorded there!

Originally posted by Terminator

Adams MKIII:D

Nah, that's quiet these days.

Phil Savage's MKIV N/A

We just done a full 3" system, one resonator, one rear box, both straight thru, full decat, and sounds the dogs danglies.

Will get some vid footage when he's back for the nitrous kit :D

Guest Rays the roof
Originally posted by Graham S

I think mine will be the loudest by far,

I still have my cats in and i'm running a extra special toyota system with special 5" pipe welded to the end!!

:D

Only kidding, would love to know if a standard exhaust will actually record anything?

So i take it no one had an RSR, would be interesting to see a decatted RSR recorded there!

Graham, Crimbo is stock. It did actually make some noise, though it may have been him mumbling in the background about how he must now buy an exhaust!!!

:D :p :D

Guest Rays the roof

Crimbo (NA stock) 65.2 80.4

Ian-R (TT, Greddy Ti Racing) 78.1 104.4

Suprarob (TT, Blitz NUR spec) 85.3 104.2

Supra-rz (TT, Unknown exhaust) 85.6 104.4

Colsoop (TT, Decat, HKS Hyper) 80.4 105.3

Lovatt (TT, Decat, Blitz NUR spec) 90.2 107.8

Damouk (TT, Decat, Blitz NUR spec) 86.9 110.8

Rays the roof (NA, Trial) 90.2 113.8

Err... it's me, that's MISTER stock to you Ray, (with a 4" tailpipe), by the way, me car isn't NA, it's got them twin turbo jobs on.

I'm sure most of that reading came from the ripple of laughter when it started up ............... hey it's good at drying hair tho' eh?;)

Guest Rays the roof
Originally posted by crimbo

Err... it's me, that's MISTER stock to you Ray, (with a 4" tailpipe), by the way, me car isn't NA, it's got them twin turbo jobs on.

I'm sure most of that reading came from the ripple of laughter when it started up ............... hey it's good at drying hair tho' eh?;)

Sorry mate details will be corrected!

And you sound very proud of your 4" - 'suit you sir'.

:p :p :p