The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fcuking Warranty

attilauk

My Starter motor blew on my supra so i took it to my garage thinking that it was lucky that i still had a month left on my warranty. the garage just called me to say that although i have a piece of paper saying that the car is covered by the warranty, the garrage i bought the car from never sent off the paperwork so the warranty is invalid! Im now in the middle of a large arguement with the garage who sold me the car demanding that they pay for the work. :mad:

if you have a third party warranty on your car call up the company its with and check that it is registered, apparently its quite common for a garage to sell a car with a warranty on it and never actually register it saving themselves some money!

Be warned!

Yeah, watch out for these garages. I bought a car once on HP - I got this 'GAP' cover which, in the event my writing the car off, covered me for the difference in money between what the insurance company paid out and what i owed the HP company. Good job i got it cos when i wrothe the car offf, there was a good couple of grand difference. Except when I came to claim, the company had never heard of me cos the garage had not sent off the payment.

Fcukers!!! it was a complete arse for months getting it sorted! listen to attilla and give a phonecall to the company before you need to claim!

Originally posted by Supragal

As I got mine through JIC is it still valid although tye've ceased trading? Presumably... Dunno how these things work...

It's a third-party warranty so it should be. Might be worth checking with the warranty company that you are registered from reading the aboive though!

I believe that they can be a bit arsey about regular servicing. Not sure where you would stand re: your car being off the road.

Rosie - the warrantys are usually done through a third party company it should still be valid (if its been registered:( )

any way i have threatened the garage with legal action and they have agreed to sort out the warranty and if they cant do that then they will pay for the repairs:)