The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many using fixed back bucket seats with base mount runners

Jamesy

Just wondered how many of you guys run woth a proper fixed back bucket seat, like the corbeau pro series, but with proper runners?

I dont fancy the idea of fixed side mounts, and still undecided on the new seats. I have bought some corbeau base mount runners and considering somehow the option of using them with fixed back seats.

Ive got the corbeau pro and i'm using the bride runners but to be honest there a bit on the stiff side to move forward and back,with a bit of greasing up they might free up a bit tho,just don't think it will make a big difference.

Maybe just fix the drivers seat, put the passenger one on runners.

That's what i have done, if anyone needs to sit behind you they can shuffle over. Im using custom mounts made from Johns alloy bases and cut down bride runners, it looks like scaffolding, but is as low as i can get them. Im 6'1 and fit ok.

Maybe just fix the drivers seat, put the passenger one on runners.

Thats a really good idea. I want really racey seats but also to be able to have kids in back on the odd occassion. So would just need to get the passenger seat side mount fabricated with the runners ive bought

Is that just for the drivers seat or both fronts?

Think its just the drivers seat I heard this from my mot tester its very new regs most of them will not come into force for another few months

Really?!

What about cars that come with fixed seats from the factory?

I guess if its factory fitted equipment it will be okay ? , here is a a list of changes you can thank the EU for it ;

* Battery insecure is back as a fail, as well as battery leaking electrolyte

* All visible wiring to be inspected for security and damage

* Balljoint dust covers damaged to be a fail

* Inappropriate repair or modification to any part of vehicle that might affect roadworthiness

* Chafing and damage to fuel pipes and hoses to be a fail

* Brake fluid warning lamps (where fitted) either illuminated or faulty to fail

* Door open warning lights (where fitted) to fail if not working

* Deteriorated engine mounts to be a fail

* ALL seats (including rear) to be checked for security

* Driver's seat adjustment (fore / aft) must work and lock in position - stuck in a single position will fail!

* All doors (inc rears) to be checked for opening and closing - rears must open from outside, fronts from inside and outside.

* Speedometer clearly not working, glass or dial missing or damaged to the point reading is impaired to be a fail

* Speedometer illumination not working to be a fail

* Towbar electrics to be checked visually and, if a 13 pin euro socket, tested electrically

Only issue with that though jamesy is heaven forbid you're in a serious crash with the kids on board, they'll struggle to get out

Yeah very valid point. To be honest im interested in securing the drivers seat and having the passenger modified onto the base runners.

Not sure how much fabricating will be needed to make the pass seat moveable but i just feel that this car needs some proper

Lairy bucket seats :D