The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-60 Time?

pbryant_knight

Hi All,

I had a proper blast of my Supra yesterday for the first time. Got to a set of lights on the A19 and a Chav pulls up next to me in a tricked out saxo. I decided "What the hell" and let rip, obviously leaving him in my dust.

I've been using a Digital Speedo on my phone as the original one is in KM. This also records Distance Travelled, Speed, GPS Signal Strength Direction and your top 0-60 time. When i stopped the car i looked at the reading and it reakons i did 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Now the throttle response in this car is amazing, better than my last Supra and any other car i've had. Its just an N/A Auto so does this sound right for a 0-60 time? I didn't expect it to be this quick?

Peter

That seems way to fast if I'm honest. At Trax 2011 I watched two NA autos run on the 0-60 timer. The first one belonging to Josh42 on here ran around 8s flat and the other belonging to the G6 supra guy ran an 8s something as well.

8 seconds for 0 to 60 : /

Something not right there

8 seconds for 0 to 60 : /

Something not right there

They were definitely the times mate, on the same equipment my bpu auto ran 4.92s and another member on here (who I think is running a small single) ran a 3.9 or similar in his with some beefy tyres on the rear (think they were slicks or drag radials) and was one of the fastest RWD of the day.

Hi All,

I had a proper blast of my Supra yesterday for the first time. Got to a set of lights on the A19 and a Chav pulls up next to me in a tricked out saxo. I decided "What the hell" and let rip, obviously leaving him in my dust.

I've been using a Digital Speedo on my phone as the original one is in KM. This also records Distance Travelled, Speed, GPS Signal Strength Direction and your top 0-60 time. When i stopped the car i looked at the reading and it reakons i did 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Now the throttle response in this car is amazing, better than my last Supra and any other car i've had. Its just an N/A Auto so does this sound right for a 0-60 time? I didn't expect it to be this quick?

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/pbryant_knight/New%20fast%20and%20Furious%20Supra/IMG_1459.png

Peter

That sounds about right mate. I had an Astra VXR which does 0 to 60 in 6.2 and got pulled away from by an NA from launch straight through..

They were definitely the times mate, on the same equipment my bpu auto ran 4.92s and another member on here (who I think is running a small single) ran a 3.9 or similar in his with some beefy tyres on the rear (think they were slicks or drag radials) and was one of the fastest RWD of the day.

I believe you with the time, but 8 seconds!?

Even tho it's an NA and we get slated enough on here, it's still a stupidly fast car and out classes many

And I know for a fact that 8 seconds is a slow time for 0 to 60 : (

I believe you with the time, but 8 seconds!?

Even tho it's an NA and we get slated enough on here, it's still a stupidly fast car and out classes many

And I know for a fact that 8 seconds is a slow time for 0 to 60 : (

I actually drive a NA now myself, albeit a manual and I can fully agree it feels a lot faster than 8 seconds, and I'd certainly hope it's at least low 7's.

The only thing I can say is on the same day a lot of cars like Focus ST's and similar were also only running similar times to 60 :shrug:

I actually drive a NA now myself, albeit a manual and I can fully agree it feels a lot faster than 8 seconds, and I'd certainly hope it's at least low 7's.

The only thing I can say is on the same day a lot of cars like Focus ST's and similar were also only running similar times to 60 :shrug:

I was side by side with a focus st the other day, it was a 57 reg and we were neck and neck to 70 then backed of so what ever their 0-60 time is matches my na

My car is an NA, granted I've done a bit to it but I still embarrass quite a few cars and a focus st couldn't keep up with me the other month

The app is just called Speedometer i believe. It's the same one i've been running in my Ipad in the 300zx for a few years so put it on my phone for the Supra.

Must admit, i thought that was too quick for an N/A, which is why i posted on here. But the GPS signal strength was full, meaning it had more than 3 satellites to take the reading off so should be very accurate? I expected around the 7 seconds myself.

Get it down the strip, only way to tell for sure. High compression has good launch. Though I've a 10:1 compression with boost and don't get much better lol. Maybe I'm just a rubbish driver. Maybe your just awesome mate. Human traction control :D