The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk spec vs k sport/d2 brakes

Parry_10

I hear a lot of people say the uk supra brake set up is better but does anyone actually have proof of this? Also does anyone know the caliper piston diameters for each set of brakes so I can work out the total breaking force when I get in from work. I wouldn't mind selling my uk set up with cw pads and new oem discs and buying a set of k sport or d2s but I want to know for certain they are going to be better not just look better. Cheers

Lol I think its all to do with area of contact and not purely dimensions of pistons. And then technical information regarding to size and area would only indicate they would be better under constant heavy load, I use the work `indicate` very loosely. You need someone who has owned both, and tested them to give a more accurate description.

For now though, I would consider the colour a very important factor. Lol.

Lol I think its all to do with area of contact and not purely dimensions of pistons. And then technical information regarding to size and area would only indicate they would be better under constant heavy load, I use the work `indicate` very loosely. You need someone who has owned both, and tested them to give a more accurate description.

For now though, I would consider the colour a very important factor. Lol.

That's a better answer, I'm thinking if I work out the total breaking force of the calipers that will atleast give some indication there must be a way of proving what is better rather than just testing them and giving an opinion, at the end of the day an opinion doesn't count for anything you need facts

I have calculations for braking force if you need it? I have to calculated required stopping distance when I designed a custom trike when trying to find the required brake disc size, with the pad area etc etc. I'll find it and post it up. Might find it usefull.

I hear a lot of people say the uk supra brake set up is better but does anyone actually have proof of this? Also does anyone know the caliper piston diameters for each set of brakes so I can work out the total breaking force when I get in from work. I wouldn't mind selling my uk set up with cw pads and new oem discs and buying a set of k sport or d2s but I want to know for certain they are going to be better not just look better. Cheers

i would have expected the manufacturer to provide that information, have you contacted them?