The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless Steel dash trim bits...

Xzarik

So i've just finished painting the dash in gloss black (pics when it's sunnier if y'all want) as I was fed up having a terribly scratched and scuffed rubber surface and i'm moderately pleased with the results. It's not perfect by any means but it was my first attempt, and when I get some more time i'll be sanding it down and trying again.

To add to the lovely effect I got in before Heckler stopped his LED conversions and he kindly provided me with red LEDs for the dash. I had to change the dials back to bulbs as red LEDs are a bit too dark to see anything useful, but made them white instead of the stock green. That's looking good too.

To top it off i'm looking at putting in some metal to finish the effect. My first thought was the chrome rings for the dials, heater controls and circular air vents. My second through was stainless steel bits to go on the various lighty-up bits... (pics attached of these two ideas for reference)

But of course i've got questions, especially from those of you that have done this/stuff like this.

1 - Should I do one, the other or both?

2 - If you've done both, do they look good or rubbish together? Is it too OTT and bling to have everything? I'm going for awesome but subtle!

3 - Best place to get them? I'm on ebay for the rings and Thor for the steel bits.

Thanks in advance :)

$(KGrHqJ,!hoE84i3Ui5WBPPEIcO18Q~~60_12.JPG

thumbnail.jpeg

I used a mixture of ebay aircon plates & clock surround.metal monkey and thor for the rest. MVP rings around the heater dials and ebay ignition key surround;

i21093.jpg

I think it goes well with the metallic grey and certainly an improvement on the rather tatty original dash that I inherited.

Edited by RA28 (see edit history)