The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What are your summer Supra projects?

Noz

Well, just sat here revising, and hating it and trying to keep myself awake. Thinking of the summer when it begins in 2 weeks after my last exam, wondering what projects I can pick up and start again that are unfinished....

A few of mine, include the custom pre-facelight rear lights I've started. The OEM glove box with moulded driver facing pods. Re-do my triple pod and sell it on (so I can make another). And maybe make a couple more headlight intakes with BIG holes... just for fun and to sell on for something different to do. Also look forward to sorting out the custom stainless steel door sills I'm waiting to hear back on. That should be good. I'd also like to make a custom dash and mount a gauge in the clock but have it facing the driver... So many things to do! Still need to pick up the custom twin headlight intake with dipped beams related with headlight inserts re-manufactured using 3D printing rapid prototyping technology and fibreglass with custom adjuster brackets. Hope that doesnt look shockingly bad.

What does everyone else have planned for this summer? Be good to hear others peoples plans and ideas :)

did you get your ht leads sorted after? i can get somthing yop might like na-t specific if not

Wasn't even the ignition buddy. Had a stock ECU fault. Reset the fault it was over fueling. Pulled some fuel out, problem solving. Got an AFR gauge to adjust it properly now. I'll be ditching the dizzy completely by the end of the summer if you need any spare bits?

Actuall get mine, seems like forever waiting for my new sup to arrive from japland. Once its here, new seats, full BPU, new suspension etc etc all waiting here to be fitted upon arrival :)

what seats? recaro speeds? *drool*

Wasn't even the ignition buddy. Had a stock ECU fault. Reset the fault it was over fueling. Pulled some fuel out, problem solving. Got an AFR gauge to adjust it properly now. I'll be ditching the dizzy completely by the end of the summer if you need any spare bits?

on plug coils? what system are you going for ? i considerd this but guru ryan said the dizzy setup is good for 650 and ive no intention of ever needing more than that. 500 is pushing the boundrys of usable imho

Overhaul the braking system, lower it, fit the facelift headlights and then at some point, maybe get a 10mm spacer and longer studs for the rear wheels :)

What about the boost controller you have had for about 40 years and not fitted?

For me it's brakes. Big ones and possibly a bgw.

Purchase Rush manifolds from Austrailia

Fitting the Tanabe exhaust that is still in my garage.

Fitting the facelift headlights if I EVER get the inserts back from the chromers..

Knight Racer is down the road from me. I'm thinking of going there for some hub centric spacers. They can't get that wrong, can they?..

Looking around the car if there is anything I'd like in stainless that I could have you build with V8 on it ;)

19's, lowering, rear light mods, window tints, new brake pads, remove hoop spoiler and polish, LOTS!! Already done....Momo steering wheel, full leather seats, lots of shiny, new air intake, decat, 02 sensors, UK spec front brake backing plates, Ridox rear lip, new super LED interior light mod, Denso Iridium plugs, new ign leads, new dizzy cap, new rotor arm, oil and filter and polished.....LOTS!!!!

haha

on plug coils? what system are you going for ? i considerd this but guru ryan said the dizzy setup is good for 650 and ive no intention of ever needing more than that. 500 is pushing the boundrys of usable imho

I'm fed up with it being in the way. I want a 4" intake and on my new build it won't be suitable. I'll be going standalone for sure. The emanage is fine for this setup, but on my new build it just isn't going to have the beans.

I agree with the 500 figure, I think for road use a 500hp 500ft lb is more than enough. But theres nothing wrong with that being on low boost for those occasions you want to do some quick et's :)

I know that with anything over 450 my wheels aren't going to be man enough. 265's are already pretty rubbish so I'll be looking at finishing the car off with some nice wider wheels, and if I find a set I fall in love with I might consider arch modification.

But that's a long way down the line. I've got my spare block, everything's be paid for and waiting for the goodies to arrive. Once that's build, I've got the fueling system and intake to consider, then the transmission. It's a long way off, I'm not worrying about it too much. I was dying for boost, now I've got it I'm fairly happy. So I'm going to enjoy the gym and not console myself to the fact without more power my life may not continue like I was while NA.

After japfest, doubt I will go back to big power again.

Why's that dude, is it more fun having a faster spool?

It already had recaros yeah but I have some absolutely MINT ones. Have loads of parts to tidy it up and make it 100% perfect how I want

100% perfect is what I'd like, after the next few mod's im definitely going to try and clean mine up. Now got a cracked spat and need to respray my bumper. Poor thing looks like it been hammered. Modification is easy, making a car look clean isn't as simple.

So swapping speeds for speeds? What you doing with the old ones. Are they wasted>?

Engine bling, paint the spark cover red, red hoses, Rays refurbished and fitted, boost gauge fitted in air vent, uprated fuel pump, BCC/FCD (last two will make me full BPU :D) retrim the rest of the interior and possibly re-do the door cards, seat retrim, new red mesh in the vents (bar the front center), and probably a few other bits and bobs when I think of them.

Holy crap, I have some list to be getting on with!!!