The mkiv Supra Owners Club

de-carbonise engine

Jellybean

I dont know if it is the product improving the emissions or the fact the engine was cold on the intial test then on the second test he had a nice hot engine, cat

Am I mistaken of do most petrol stations/ suppliers not run fuel additivies to achieve this?

Texaco Techron

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have used this on a few cars now

http://www.ecotekplc.com/PowerBoost.htm

And have seen with my own eyes the crap that comes out of the exhaust.

Was really impressed and the engine was smoother and more responsive.

It takes two people to do it, one to rev the engine at 2k and the other to spray it.

I would recommend this happily, tried it on the supra and some soot and carbon flew out but not a lot compared to my old xr2i

The crap that comes out the exhaust is probably the crap that you're spraying into the intake after it's been through the combustion process. Without empirical evidence I'll consider all things like this, especially from that company, as snake oil.

Love this on the Ecotek blurb about how awesomez the product is:

"It has increased the car's fuel economy by a good two or three pence per gallon"

Has it now :think:

yes but all that cack has to come through a turbo spinning at 20,000 rpm or somthing like that , i would of thought anything other then a gas going through would cause damage

The crap that comes out the exhaust is probably the crap that you're spraying into the intake after it's been through the combustion process. Without empirical evidence I'll consider all things like this, especially from that company, as snake oil.

Love this on the Ecotek blurb about how awesomez the product is:

"It has increased the car's fuel economy by a good two or three pence per gallon"

Has it now :think:

I was skeptical about this until I used it.

And the crap that came flying out was flakes of carbon, and lots of it.

How about the evidence of myself and my dad absolutely shocked at how this worked? And so well?

I was skeptical about this until I used it.

And the crap that came flying out was flakes of carbon, and lots of it.

How about the evidence of myself and my dad absolutely shocked at how this worked? And so well?

Well hard carbon flakes I expect will do damage to the turbo if water meth pre turbo can erode fins and I have seen what a load o oil can do when my second turbo let go its not good , I will dig out the thread of my hybrids that got destroyed

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?256601-does-det-make-its-way-back-to-the-turbo&highlight=turbo

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)