The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear front indicators?

Jay

Hi Guys,

I've ordered up a set of clear side repeaters, and now I want to get a set of clear indicators for the front bumper.

Does anyone know if the orange indicators on my TRD front bumper are the same as OEM Toyota ones? If so, any idea's where I can get a completely clear set?

http://www.mediahabit.com/hosted/supra/DSC00487.jpg

Cheers,

Jay

Niece one matt, they look exactly how I want them.

Does that mean they are the same unit then? If so, do you have any instructions/guide I could follow to do what you've done? Any idea what make/model bulbs you used?

Sorry for all the Q's :)

J

I've modded mine to take the stock '93 style indicator bulb holders.

I suspect yours has been treated to genuine facelift lights with the appropriate harnesses?

If you take one out you'll see which yours has..

To get rid of the orange plastic you can break it out with some long nose pliers then hoover all the shrapnel out.

If you struggle to find the appropriate bulbs in silver , you can get orange bulbs and give them a coat of silver paint

HTH

Originally posted by matt

I've modded mine to take the stock '93 style indicator bulb holders.

I suspect yours has been treated to genuine facelift lights with the appropriate harnesses?

If you take one out you'll see which yours has..

To get rid of the orange plastic you can break it out with some long nose pliers then hoover all the shrapnel out.

If you struggle to find the appropriate bulbs in silver , you can get orange bulbs and give them a coat of silver paint

HTH

i removed the orange filter on mine with the plier method. not to bad to do just a little awkward. although i cant find any bulbs to fit either orange or silver. from what ive seen the facelift bulbs only come in clear so my fronts flash yellow