The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Really enjoyed the Supra yesterday

Shane

Its not often of late that I get chance to take the Supra on a nice run. However my little oil burner has just run out of tax and test and because of the drought conditions we are suffering I just haven't had chance to finish the Tigra's replacement (another oil burning Tigra) so had to use the Supra yesterday to attend a meeting close to Henly on Thames yesterday.

Had a great drive despite the drought conditions and the Vredestiens I have on the back certainly gave me a feeling of confidence I never used to have in the wet. I had forgotten just how much fun the car is on a nice long road such as the M40 and how at 3 - 4k rpm you have so much control and power at your disposal. Had a BMW 640 fly past me and caught him up in no time, we both seem to lose our bottle at the same sort of time in terms of speed, but the Supra had loads more to give.

I am sure my 45p a mile allowance won't put me in profit for the trip, but hey it was good fun. What a car the Supra is and it still brings a smile to my face and I cant honestly think of another car in the BPU price range that could give you such a drive. Occasionally I think it's time to move on, but then after a drive like that I just cant think of anything that could replace it.

Tell me about it, i know iv only had mine 3 weeks now but because i walk to work every day, sometimes i just sit there at night and can see her sitting outside the window and think, i havnt driver her today, then walk out there and just take her up the petrol station and put a tenner in for the fun of it haha, i have only done one long trip in her so i cant wait until suprapod, especially with the convoy aswell, it will be my first meeting :D i know its early days but i can honestly say i dont think i will ever get fed up with driving her :D