The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not another clutch thread - 650rwhp clutch without?

Pred

Hi,

i drive now a hks twin plate clutch and im not completely satsified with it.

+ easy pedal feeling

+ brings the power to the street :D

- rattle

- loud noises between 800-1800 rpm

- RATTLE!!!

i search now a new clutch for 650/700rwhp. i want a clutch without any noises (ok... a little small tiny rattle is ok ;) ) and for good daily driving.

have anybody a advice?

best regards from germany

Andi

Hi,

i drive now a hks twin plate clutch and im not completely satsified with it.

+ easy pedal feeling

+ brings the power to the street :D

- rattle

- loud noises between 800-1800 rpm

- RATTLE!!!

i search now a new clutch for 650/700rwhp. i want a clutch without any noises (ok... a little small tiny rattle is ok ;) ) and for good daily driving.

have anybody a advice?

best regards from germany

Andi

i run a carbonetics triple at 760 rwhp never a hint of slip ever its the most streetable stock feel after market clutch ive driven BUT i have had issues, i think my issues are simply due to a muppet installing the clutch im 100 miles into running it in after rebuilding it myself,

i will report back on this thread after 1000 miles and after ive given it death, they are definately one of the most streetable though.

Any clutch which does not use the stock dual mass flywheel will cause the gearbox and drivetrain to "rattle". If it rattles in neutral without the clutch pedal depressed it's not the clutch itself, but a factor of having no dual mass flywheel. How anyone can live with the engagement properties of an HKS multi plate clutch on a road car or even a race car I don't know, rattling aside ;)

Most twin plate clutches will rattle when the pedal is depressed and the plates are free. All none dual mass flywheels will cause TRANSMISSION rattle and resonance, whatever clutch is fitted to them. It was to stop drive line noise that Toyota fitted the dual mass flywheel.

Hi Chris,

if i use a clutch with the stock flywheel, i have no rattle? The hpf bronze clutch looks interesting.

Iam guessing its a single clutch disc? They are not verry friendly to the crank thrustwashers due to its Big diameter and higher clamping force.

They are not verry friendly to the crank thrustwashers due to its Big diameter and higher clamping force.

You mean the crankwalk problem? I read some thread in the us forum, but never heard from this problem here in germany.

Have anybody experience with the HPF Bronze and the Southbend Pressure Plate?