The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Horn Digram needed and some advice please :-)

a98pmalcolm

Hi all. Ok I doubt this hasn't ever been asked.

Recently my horn has started playing up. It would go off for for about 5 seconds every 7 hours or so. So I took them off until I had time to sort the issue.

I came to have a proper look today. And there wired up via a relay (deffo not a factory thing) Looks almost like a complete bodge.

One of the pins on the relay was 1/2 snapped so I thought that would be the issue. After fitting a new one the same thing happened again with it going off on its own. So I left just one on there. Tested it works. So I though that is that tidy up some wiring, mount the relay jobs a gooden.

I poped out 1/2 hour or so later and as I was going up a bypass I pushed the horn to properly test. It went off then a second or 2 later still holing it (while driving) it coughed then died. No horn at all now.. So maybe as I was running 1 horn to much power was going to it an blew it? I don't know but my MOT is in a month or 2 so I am going to need to sort it out.

Anyone have any ideas? And I'm after a digram of the horn wiring loom to get it back to what it should be.

Thanks

Do you have an after market steering wheel and boss/hub? On my old NA it used to sound randomly and it turned out to be the contact on the aftermarket horn button in the steering wheel centre touching the inside of the boss.