The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys

Timtoyota

Hello all. I'm Tim, currently residing in the wonderful county of Essex.

Seems I'm approaching my mid life crisis and after a few years of being under the thumb, I've ditched the woman in the need for speed! :D

I've had a few Toyota's in my time (Celica's mostly) but never a Supra so I'm a complete newbie here.

Being the lazy git that I am, the drive to work is only a couple of miles (I don't fancy walking at 10 to 5 in the morning!). Should this influence the type I buy? I've never driven a car with a turbo so have limited knowledge of how they work etc.

Budget will dependent on how much I can get for my........wait for it...........VW Polo, but will hopefully be between 3 and 6K.

Any advice gratefully received and hopefully, in the near future, I can post up so pics of what I got.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim welcome to the club for that money can get you a clean N/A supra or maybe a TT Auto if its closer to the 6k budget the turbo models have relatively little maintanance. Both types though either an n/a or turbo are fantastic to drive. Good luck with your search.

Hello all. I'm Tim, currently residing in the wonderful county of Essex.

Seems I'm approaching my mid life crisis and after a few years of being under the thumb, I've ditched the woman in the need for speed! :D

I've had a few Toyota's in my time (Celica's mostly) but never a Supra so I'm a complete newbie here.

Being the lazy git that I am, the drive to work is only a couple of miles (I don't fancy walking at 10 to 5 in the morning!). Should this influence the type I buy? I've never driven a car with a turbo so have limited knowledge of how they work etc.

Budget will dependent on how much I can get for my........wait for it...........VW Polo, but will hopefully be between 3 and 6K.

Any advice gratefully received and hopefully, in the near future, I can post up so pics of what I got.

Cheers

Tim

Welcome Tim. Have you been in a Supra before? Why don't you pop over to Bluewater this Friday as there would be a few of us meeting around 9pm.

Welcome along mate, im not a supra owner yet but feel very welcome here :cool: loads of love to be shared out.

I know how you feel. Seems very friendly :)

Fighters....I'm in South Woodham Ferrers. I've been looking around locally for a few months looking for a nice model but most seem to be North of Watford. Guess I'm gonna have to travel further afield.

Hi guys, been searching for a while now, sifting through the classified section on here, auto trader, piston heads and the dreaded E Bay.

I think I've decided on a N/A rather than a TT.

I'd prefer to get one via a member on here, knowing that it's been well cared for but if I have to go further afield, are there any horror stories about dealers to avoid or any recommended ones?

Looking on Piston Heads, Jus Sports seem cheap and cheerful and Paul Brown in High Wycombe seem to have some choice cars.

Are there any rules to posting links to possible purchases so I can gauge opinions from experienced Supra owners as this will be my first.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the club Mr Tim, James here. Make sure you get a pic up on the forum of your new wheels, I'm sure the guys here would like to see. I know you said it needed a little bit of work but going by the pic on Facebook, it looks a pretty straight example.

Any future projects you have with it, make sure you share with us all as it's always a good read :)

Have fun........but take care.