The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Do We Think Of This Turbo Kit And Company

a98pmalcolm

Ok thanks for the post Graham.. I might give them some e-mails when I have the money, see what the pre sales service is like.

I asked them a question before about a NA-T kit and it took days for a reply and just seemed arrogant for what was a simple question about the other parts needed to finish the kit.

But arent these the same kits as XS Power sell ? as it says in the description here " We talked with Mark at XS and let him know our dilemma and desire for a good budget based single turbo kit for both the 2JZGTE and 2JZGE engines and they provided us with both. " i may be getting mixed up but sounds like either XS supply them or they have the same suppliers as XS ?

But arent these the same kits as XS Power sell ? as it says in the description here " We talked with Mark at XS and let him know our dilemma and desire for a good budget based single turbo kit for both the 2JZGTE and 2JZGE engines and they provided us with both. " i may be getting mixed up but sounds like either XS supply them or they have the same suppliers as XS ?

Exactly there is xs-power us and the Uk branch too. Awaiting the are xs-power worthy or any good comments now from both sides.

Im not gonna say anything because i havnt used XS Power but i was thinking of getting one of their kits as i heard if it was fitted properly and looked after then there are no problems, i believe even hodge had an XS Power kit in one of his old cars, im thinking if you heat wrap everything, buy a turbo heat guard etc then all should be fine, at the end of the day you get what you pay for dont you, and i was going to get the 675hp kit but only run at 300 - 350 surely this reduces the risk of problems ?

Haven't xs-power been slowly getting better over the years though? I used to hear so many bad stories about them 2-3 years ago, but not so much anymore. I remember bracing was a problem with their manifolds, a few people added extra bracing and had no problems after that. I also seem to remember the oil lines they provided were pretty much no use, not sure how that compares to current services though.

Im not gonna say anything because i havnt used XS Power but i was thinking of getting one of their kits as i heard if it was fitted properly and looked after then there are no problems, i believe even hodge had an XS Power kit in one of his old cars, im thinking if you heat wrap everything, buy a turbo heat guard etc then all should be fine, at the end of the day you get what you pay for dont you, and i was going to get the 675hp kit but only run at 300 - 350 surely this reduces the risk of problems ?

Well according to Jekyll and Noz their stuff is actually getting better but they still have a bad rap from previous sales. The manifolds can be hit and miss although some people have had them last a long time as it is braced but the general consensus is the oil lines are rubbish along with the wastegate (Apologies if that is wrong) The downside I see to that is you have to fabricate the fmic and with replaces the other parts I mentioned it does not leave much in the way of a kit really.

We could do with a thread where people just state what Na-t kit they are using like xs or whifbitzs ect and give a summary to what it is like power wise and to live with, The problems or replaced parts ect.

Well according to Jekyll and Noz their stuff is actually getting better but they still have a bad rap from previous sales. The manifolds can be hit and miss although some people have had them last a long time as it is braced but the general consensus is the oil lines are rubbish along with the wastegate (Apologies if that is wrong) The downside I see to that is you have to fabricate the fmic and with replaces the other parts I mentioned it does not leave much in the way of a kit really.

We could do with a thread where people just state what Na-t kit they are using like xs or whifbitzs ect and give a summary to what it is like power wise and to live with, The problems or replaced parts ect.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, like total costs of installing the kits etc, extra parts needed to add to kit, pictures and so on

Yeah thats what i was thinking, like total costs of installing the kits etc, extra parts needed to add to kit, pictures and so on

It would mean the mods making a locked thread so that there is no waffling talk about whose kit is better or "you shouldn't of got that" just a nice simple guide so an idiot like me could get a rough all in price and a summary of what the kit is like.

It would mean the mods making a locked thread so that there is no waffling talk about whose kit is better or "you shouldn't of got that" just a nice simple guide so an idiot like me could get a rough all in price and a summary of what the kit is like.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, because the problem i find is because im not mechanically minded i search for NA-T builds etc but dont have a clue what some of the stuff is or what people are talking about, so somewhere you can go and just look and see yeah i have enough money for that kit and fitting etc would be good, maybe you could put it to the mods haha, your better known around these parts than me :p

I previously put in the suggestions section of the forum an area for NA-T guides, how-to's etc.

Seem to be lots of NA-TT swap threads and not very many easily found "what do I need for NA-T". They are on here, just need to be made stickys in the right section. Not heard anything back yet.

Exactly there is xs-power us and the Uk branch too. Awaiting the are xs-power worthy or any good comments now from both sides.

UK parts come from US unless in UK stock houses. My turbo ordered through UK department was imported. They are all US parts. The place of manufacture though could be anywhere.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, because the problem i find is because im not mechanically minded i search for NA-T builds etc but dont have a clue what some of the stuff is or what people are talking about, so somewhere you can go and just look and see yeah i have enough money for that kit and fitting etc would be good, maybe you could put it to the mods haha, your better known around these parts than me :p

I consider myself lucky to be allowed to roam here so I don't like to rock the boat :D

I know there is the NA-T forum but my problem with using that is that I don't know anyone there and I have more faith and trust in peoples opinions here. The other benefit is that most people on here know each others cars so you can always find out if people are telling porkies too.

I previously put in the suggestions section of the forum an area for NA-T guides, how-to's etc.

Seem to be lots of NA-TT swap threads and not very many easily found "what do I need for NA-T". They are on here, just need to be made stickys in the right section. Not heard anything back yet.

It would stop a load of pointless threads as even though there is the NA-T forum it is still a mkiv club. I for one would love to just see a list and then it would stop a lot of mistakes into what you really do need, Head gasket clutch. Maybe even a summary of what BHP it runs too so you can work out a bang for buck to weigh against other set ups/kits.

Like I have pondered before between self piecing the kits or buying a ready to go Whifbitzs kit the problem with the whole process is my lack of knowledge hence maybe why a lot of people go NA-TT as it seems a bit more simple "Hello Keron I would like to go NA-TT..... How much.... Brilliant"