The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been out and tested the single, NOW WITH VIDEO'S.

little num

Hi folks as some as you know my twins decided to eat there own inlet fins so i had to go down the bank and spend all my saving on nice new shiny stuff.

Finnished it today and gave it a good blast and all seems really good, turned the boost upto 1.4 and it rapid compared to my turbo technics twins.

Anyways less of me babling on and here are 3 pics.

Not quite as quick as jamies but puts a smile on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCrcOQ1u5mM_8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvo3Wx1roHk_8&feature=related

Edited by little num (see edit history)

Cost wise with everything turbo - manifold - Precision 46m wastegate - oil lines - new boost lines - new downpipe - lots of welding and fabricating - clips - exhaust wrap.

Just over £2000 and i did all the work myself BUT if id had to pay some 1 then probably close to £4000 as its a real time consuming job first time fitting everything as nothing fitted as it should.

As for the ECU its still stock but i have fitted 440cc injectors and a fuel pressure regulator to get more fuel in.

I have EGT - AFR and on full boost in 4 - 5 gear its 11.2 so running sweet.

I havent gone single to get more power really (at the moment) just to make it more reliable as my twins were screaming and was getting that hot was cooking the engine coolent.

I will go ECU when i have some spare cash.

As for the mikalor clamps num, they are in post so should be here tomorrow ready for my trip to sheffield to watch the snooker.

Do you think this set up will be more reliable than just replacing the damaged twins, I know you state your intention was not more power but a small single on 440's at 1.4 bar sounds risky to me on a stock ECU regardless of AFR gauges ?

You obviously dont know much about cars then dean lol.

You obviously dont know much about cars then dean lol.

He may not have realised its a 1JZ in his defence.

Still not ideal, but if it works and means you're not irking out £££ for an ecu plus mapping then happy days :)