The mkiv Supra Owners Club

175mph NA vs 190mph... BS?

Noz

Evening all...

was told yesterday someone who owned an NA done 175mph in it..... then a BPU over took him and they claimed 190mph to him.

Don't get me wrong I don't mis-trust people... but is this even possible?

Evening all...

was told yesterday someone who owned an NA done 175mph in it..... then a BPU over took him and they claimed 190mph to him.

Don't get me wrong I don't mis-trust people... but is this even possible?

How can you be quite intelligent in some areas and so dumb in others at the same time mate :D

Just for the record everything in the papers tomorrow is 100% true.

For example (NA open diff and W58 box):-

At stock rev limit of 6800rpm, with 255/40/17 wheels, 5th gear ratio = 0.783, diff ratio = 4.083.

Maximum possible speed = 158.3mph (that is with NO resistance whatsoever). :)

For the A340E autobox, max would be 175.8mph (again, no resistance at all).

190.48mph for a facelift SZ-R 6 speed NA. How long it would take to get there would be interesting. Again, no resistance. ;)

For example (NA open diff and W58 box):-

At stock rev limit of 6800rpm, with 255/40/17 wheels, 5th gear ratio = 0.783, diff ratio = 4.083.

Maximum possible speed = 158.3mph (that is with NO resistance whatsoever). :)

For the A340E autobox, max would be 175.8mph (again, no resistance at all).

190.48mph for a facelift SZ-R 6 speed NA. How long it would take to get there would be interesting. Again, no resistance. ;)

I have a mines ecu that revs to 8k so what would that mean for me for top speed with a 5speed besides needing clear traffic on the only long downhill stretch of dual carriageway I know that is near my house.

I have a mines ecu that revs to 8k so what would that mean for me for top speed with a 5speed besides needing clear traffic on the only long downhill stretch of dual carriageway I know that is near my house.

Rear wheel size? (Not just the rim width but tyre width and aspect ratio)

Which diff do you have? LSD or open?

How can you be quite intelligent in some areas and so dumb in others at the same time mate :D

Just for the record everything in the papers tomorrow is 100% true.

For the record, I never said I believed him ;) I just thought it would be an interesting topic for debate. Which it clearly is!

And I never said I was intelligent! Actually, I think a few people on here have said the complete opposite :D

And I never said I was intelligent! Actually, I think a few people on here have said the complete opposite :D

That puts me off meeting others..... At least I have admitted to being retarded in my signature so it is not exactly like I am lying so that should help kill the surprise of what a complete berk I am.

I think that the A01B is 3.769:1 (can someone confirm?) so that would make for 204mph at 8000rpm with no losses through friction or drag etc. :)

So all I need is a alternate universe with no wind so that I can have a 200mph NA??

What would a likely real world top speed be with friction/drag at a guess?