The mkiv Supra Owners Club

changing reg

Guest triphead

Guest triphead

Hey guys i bought my supra about 8 month ago i am thinking about selling it now but i just wondering if the private reg is worth taking off

how would i go about changing it would i have to buy another reg to swap it with? or will there be another reg that the car used to be on that i can put back on it?

my reg is: M 30 SUP

Guest triphead

so when i pay £80 to remove it will the comision me a new registration because i don't know what the old one was or anything?

how do you go about selling it can you sell it to dvla or list it on there site or what?

First time round I did it they do the tranfer straight away. Now it takes 7 days. You go to your local dvla office, fill in the form and hand over your money/documents etc

About a week later they send you the following, some together, some separate:

- Details of the new reg no they've assigned with a document you can use to get new plates made up if you dont already have them

- New log book with the new reg no on

- New tax disc with the new no on

- New MOT with the new no on

- Retention certificate for the old number

(as I understand it they try to assign it the original number if they can)

I can't remember the terminology but you basically have the ability to transfer it to another person either when you remove it from the car, or with the retention certificate once you've got it. I guess the best way is to get the retention certificate first (don't quote me on this!) and you've got your options open. Download form V317 from direct.gov.uk if you want the full details matey :)

HTH