The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What can i get for £4000?!

Guest Goughy

Guest Goughy

Hi All,

I have been looking at Supras on and off for a while now trying to decide what to buy, at one stage I was looking at selling my car and spending £10k but no I am thinking of keeping my BMW and getting the supra as a second car.

Soo....what would you guys aim at getting if you were going to spend about £4k? i have seen a few on the classifields that seem well priced but these vary from RZ-TT's so for the money, can I get a good TT at that price?

You won't get a decent TT for £4k, you'd be lucky to find one at that price to begin with, and if you did it would most definately need work. If you upped your budget to £5-5.5k you'd be in a much better position. £4k is NA territory, you could get a 5speed Manual or Auto for that money :)

I didn't mean any offence by it fella, just incase you did take offence that is :)

If you had been around a bit longer you would have seen that Dean (as I) has bought good TT's at that price. It just needs patience and looking away from the forum.

Guest Goughy

I am thinking a TT would be a better second car so I was hoping you would say that one is in scope! I dont mind having to spend 'some' money on imporving a TT auto but I dont really want it to start taking all of my spare cash so it would need to fairly reliable, I assume making sure the turbos are sound should be my first point of call. Any other major expensive bits?

That's not a good way of spending £4k, if you buy an ratty NA for £1k, it's going to cost more than £3k to make it mint (suspension refresh is especially expensive)

Much better to buy a very well cared for example IMO for that price.

illbe proving you wrong shortly ;).

if you do it yourself you know its done. amd done properly. ive baught "well cared for" cars with full service history ect in the past that have neen botched pigs . id rather buy a pig at a pigs price.

illbe proving you wrong shortly ;).

if you do it yourself you know its done. amd done properly. ive baught "well cared for" cars with full service history ect in the past that have neen botched pigs . id rather buy a pig at a pigs price.

I love your way of thinking. Buy a cheap car and fix it right. Wheeler dealers.:D

Hi All,

I have been looking at Supras on and off for a while now trying to decide what to buy, at one stage I was looking at selling my car and spending £10k but no I am thinking of keeping my BMW and getting the supra as a second car.

Soo....what would you guys aim at getting if you were going to spend about £4k? i have seen a few on the classifields that seem well priced but these vary from RZ-TT's so for the money, can I get a good TT at that price?

LOL @ keeping the supra as a second car. Sell the BMW there chav cars every council estate has an M3! spend a fair chunk of wedge on a nice TT Manual you`ll be much happier!