The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plasma dials fitted

Rob W

As the weather was poor today I finally had time to fit my plasma dials from MoMan.pl. They are good quality and well worth the money IMO. Wish the red led's on my dash was abit stronger like the dials now. I took a couple of pics, sorry if they come out wrong or too big but its the first time using photobucket :)

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

They look immense!

How much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking? And where from?!

IIRC £115 delivered from MoMan.pl in poland.

Very nice.

How did you go about getting the needles back on in the correct positions?

Remember how much petrol you have before taking the needles off, the rest is just letting the car get up to temp and pushing back on. The speedo was the only tricky one, had to use the sat nav for correct speed reading.

Very nice.

How did you go about getting the needles back on in the correct positions?

Take a pic of the fuel guage before removing. When putting back on put the car in idle, put the speedo needle on then at 0, the rev needle at the correct level, I put the temp one on before the car heated up so at cold and put the fuel on according to your pic.

Awesome dials dude, I think these could be popular

i asked them for the auto tt ones for facelift and they had none made, to get them made they needed a scan from me for the dials.

i tried to do it but i couldnt get the little pins out that stick out from the dials that the needles rest on

obviously i couldnt get a scan with these still on,

does anyone have a scan of the auto tt facelift dials

All that you have to do is solder them up pos and neg on to the back of the dial cluster, takes a minute. The rest just clips together, really easy to fit mate. I took a pic showing what they are like at night, they look orange in the pic but thats just the camera.

And they work fine with the dimmer?

Normally the kits have their own dimmer, well a set I had before did, plus the ability to switch colours.

They look good. It might be the pics, but when lit up, it looks like it'd be hard to see the needles.

That was my worry too, thanks for taking the pictures in the dark, they do look great! :thumbs:

I think the needle can be further improve by maybe a more powerful LED? Heckler could maybe advise.