The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice please on 19inch rear tyres want fatter tyres???

Supra N_A

I just gave you the correct sizes for a 10" rim, fitting wider will not save you kerbing the lips and you will have a

tyre that when inflated to its correct pressure wont have the correct profile because its too wide for the wheel.

Some tyres come with rim protection built into the sidewall but do very little to save your wheels unless you are

very lucky

It depends on what profile you use. if you went up to 275 or 285 and kept the same profile % as you have

on your 265's then the sidewall will be taller

Here are 2 usefull sites which you can use to see exactly what the differance would be

in sidewall height and also how far from the o/e set up you are

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

This is for offsets

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

so what would you say is best bet ? what would you do if you wanted more meaty tyres and more wall??

275s? 285?? 35s? 30s?

if poop when it comes to tyres have no idea hahahahah

I wouldnt fit any bigger than 285's and without working it out i would think if you are trying to keep

the rolling radius as close to stock then you'd have a 30 profile.

If you want a taller sidewall fit a 35 or 40 profile but this will be further away from the stock

set up

You'd have to watch for them catching the arches I'd imagine, I'm on 10" wide 18's with 275's and they are quite close to the inner arch lip.

This depends on what offset your wheels are as well as width and diameter.

Definitely. My 18", 10" rears with a 285 tyre, almost stock offset and stock ride height are nowhere near the arch.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

This depends on what offset your wheels are as well as width and diameter.

True, sorry Dunk, it's nearly hometime. No idea what my offset is as the wheels were on the car when I got it, they are 10" wide though with 275/35's on them, but on 18's.

Okay the NA's stock rear tyre size is 245 x 45 x 16

The closest to this set up using a 19" wheel is 255 x 30 x 19 which is overall 9mm

bigger in diameter.

If you go to a 285 x 30 x 19 then its overall 27mm bigger in diameter.

There not that stretched though, some tyres come with angled sidewalls and look like this

but are the correct size.

My tyres are the same but they are the correct size but have an angled side wall making them

look stretched when there not

DSCF0735.JPG

DSCF0734.JPG