The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerocatch Bonnet Catches

David P

TBH i cant even tell the difference between the flush and the plus flush lol. When it comes to locking or non locking, it depends on whether you are planning to remove the standard bonnet catch or not. If not, non locking will be fine. If you are, get locking ones.

My aerocatches at just above the lights.

catches.jpg

Here's a link to a thread about how to spot fake Aerocatches, i actually bought mine from Ebay and i checked them and they were fine.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?258819-Beware-of-Fake-Aerocatches-Please-check-yours-before-it-s-to-late

As for location, have a look at Rog's pics, or http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Supra+Aerocatch&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=653&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=lbWaT5KWHeSD6AHehKzpDg, i think there is only realistically 2 places they can go (you can see both in the google link, look at the red and blue Supra's with the Top Secret Vented bonnets) with various orientations depending on where you want them to point. Mine will be between the headlights at around a 45degree angle following a similar sort of line as the slant of the headlights, having them above the headlights doesn't look as good imo. Lockable ones are best also. Hope this helps.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

Thanks for the input and the heads up to fakes. :thumbs:

I hadn't thought to search Google images, over the headlamp at the angle of the dangle does it for me. :)

I even found a pic of the flush fitting variant, I like the flush catch but dislike 'open me here' agricultural fittings next to a lock. :think:

What are my chances of bonding these to the underside with Tigerseal for a proper flush job?

attachment.php?attachmentid=150736&d=1335553700

aerocatch1.jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)