The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New steering wheel

Josh

To me, the stock 4 spoke wheel looks old, so I got an aftermarket one from "andyou" with a boss for a great price.

Should look good once fitted. Going to get an 'OMP' horn as it's an OMP wheel (as said in the advert :)).

From this;

To this;

Is this a collapsible boss as well? Rather than hassle the seller with the question. From ones for sale, it looks like one.

I'll get a pic up once the horn button is received and it's all fitted :)

What about the airbag Josh?

I liked Scott M's Altezza/Celica steering, 3 spoke plus keep the air bag.

Your car looks very clean.

BTW, what camera was used to take that photo, it looks fantastic!

The airbag is disabled from when it was a track car and I've not reconnected it. That's what I was wondering about the collapsible boss for :)

I'm not sure on the camera as it was from the Japanese Performance photo shoot. Something expensive from what I remember :D

Yeah the 4 spoke wheel looks old ( i am really tired of it also) but i would only change it for the 3 spoke facelift or TRD one. That's kind of a classy interior to put one of those ugly metal aftermarket ones without an airbag, even though they are pretty cheap. Just my opinion.

Did you buy an omp horn button? I've got a spare one here if you need one mate.

Oh, perfect. I sent a message to a seller on eBay that's selling them for £6, to see if it would fit.

Are the holes for a horn the same size in most aftermarket wheels? Mine's about 6cm across :)

If its in an unmarked condition, that'd be great, thanks :)

Yeah the 4 spoke wheel looks old ( i am really tired of it also) but i would only change it for the 3 spoke facelift or TRD one. That's kind of a classy interior to put one of those ugly metal aftermarket ones without an airbag, even though they are pretty cheap. Just my opinion.

I was thinking of swapping it for a 3 spoke wheel, but I do like the look of these wheels. If it doesn't look any good once fitted, I can always change it :)

What do you mean collapsible? Like in a crash?

Yeah. The collapsible ones for sale look the same inside. It's just 4 metal spokes with an outward bend in them, so it looks like with enough force on the wheel, it would deform and not stay solid.

Looks nice that does josh, im sure it was never that clean when simon had it lol.

You will notice a big differance in the steering with a smaller wheel fitted, like a go cart instead of a bus.

Haha, I do like to keep it clean :D

Hopefully! Feels like a go kart wheel or one from an arcade game :D