The mkiv Supra Owners Club

part number for aux belt with a/c

Supra N_A

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ I assume. I need one too. Cheers

Adam, I read that you were having problems. Not sure if GSF have a Northampton branch, if not I can pick you one up from the Kettering outlet if that helps.

1938 is too short in my opinion for a car with AC. I fitted one of these first and it was waaaaayyyy too tight. The 1955 fits perfect and the tension indicators on the sprung tensioner match up a treat. I didnt even know the markers existed on the tensioner until David P showed me. In fact if its a 1938 you want, I have a brand new one you can buy for a tenner plus post, how does that sound?

Edited by Shane
doh! (see edit history)

Adam, I read that you were having problems. Not sure if GSF have a Northampton branch, if not I can pick you one up from the Kettering outlet if that helps.

1638 is too short in my opinion for a car with AC. I fitted one of these first and it was waaaaayyyy too tight. The 1655 fits perfect and the tension indicators on the sprung tensioner match up a treat. I didnt even know the markers existed on the tensioner until David P showed me. In fact if its a 1638 you want, I have a brand new one you can buy for a tenner plus post, how does that sound?

cheers mate. im going on holiday till tuesday so ill just have it delivered.

not sure ill get chance to fit it before dragonball. especialy as i dont know what im doing but might just have to take it with me incase something happens. lol

well i had ordered the one linked above. but after a bit of thinking iv messaged them to change to a 6pk1955. im thinking my issue of the belt fraying at the edges is that its possibly too tight. My car has a titan crank pulley so its possibly a bit bigger.

it does seem a lot tighter than the one i had when i first got the car. although that one was with no AC id guess the tention on it should be similar.

I think you've maybe had one too many of those posh coffees because you've got your 6's and 9's fuddled up. :)

David, I have no idea what you mean;)

cheers mate.

im going on holiday till tuesday so ill just have it delivered.

not sure ill get chance to fit it before dragonball. especialy as i dont know what im doing but might just have to take it with me incase something happens. lol

Takes moments to fit mate, why risk it?

Well I emailed them and by said that is defo the belt I need it also has a diagram showing all the pulleys it will attatch to
All I can tell you on my jspec tt with stock pulleys 1938mm was too tight, in fact it was a struggle to fit and when I went to the 1955 the markers on the tensioner were bang on in line.

well i had ordered the one linked above. but after a bit of thinking iv messaged them to change to a 6pk1955. im thinking my issue of the belt fraying at the edges is that its possibly too tight. My car has a titan crank pulley so its possibly a bit bigger.

it does seem a lot tighter than the one i had when i first got the car. although that one was with no AC id guess the tention on it should be similar.

Not sure if the titan is the same diameter or not, if you want to pop over or meet somewhere I am happy for you to try the 1938. As you have ac on it again (I think?) if the titan pulley is the same diameter as the oem one then I reckon 1955 is the one to go for.