The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A heads up for those of you with worn Leather seats, a product that might Help

DodgyRog

Just thought I would share something I found a while ago and improves the look of my Leather front seats massively

Most of these seats are showing signs of wear and tear now and this product not only helps maintain the suppleness of the leather, it also has dye in it, so helps cover up the wear and scuff marks

I am sure there are other products out there that do the same thing, but this is the one I have used. I tend to use it twice a year (unless someone scuffs the seat with studs in their jeans:p)

Anyway it's called GRISON BLACK LEATHER DYE COLOUR RESTORER BALM, available in other colours as well if you need it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grison-Leather-Restoration-Colour-Polish-Cream-Black-300ml-Seat-Buff-Clean-Renew-/280744264938?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item415da984ea

I have no tie in to this product, just thought I would share with everyone, as it took me a while to find something I thought I would risk trying and you can do both seats in 1/2 an hour, it's really easy to use

Hope this helps someone:d

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

nice one, ordered some so ill give it a try. any tips on applying it?

Make sure your seats are really clean first

Then just use 2 clean cloths, 1 to apply it and 1 to clean it off

I tend to do half the seat at a time, so do the whole of the base, then polish it off then the back, then repeat for the other seat

If you have a particular area that is bad (like the bolster) then you might need to do it a few times to get it back to Black

Once you have done it the first time, just do it now and again and that way you don't need to do the bad areas with a few coats

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

cool cheers. Ive been meaning to getting round to doing something about the seats as i got leather wipes a while ago and didnt like them. They obviously didnt do anything about some wear and a scratch i caused from my jeans whilst shimmying out after parking. its like the supra shuffle trying to get out at times and avoid hitting the door off something and trying to reduce the wear on the bolster by not brushing against it too hard. I tend to put my rght foot out and right hand on the kick plate and lift myself out to avoid it. I wonder what having a normal car would be like without having to be so caring of it! lol