The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ridox spats

Scutch0

Hi guys, I've been on the hunt for some oem copy rear spats, I've settled on some from knight racer, as they have a fitment guarantee. But I've recently come across some ridox spats?

Now, Looking at images of the ridox spats, they look almost identical to the oem ones, but with an extra skirt out the bottom, is that correct or are they basically oem copies?

Anything I need to be aware with the fitting of them due to this?

Thanks again!

Rich.

The Ridox spats are designed to have carbon weave at the bottom of the spat, if you're buying the cheap ones where the carbon should be there will just be a small add on to the spat in fibreglass. If I was to get some I would go oem (or copy oem) rather than Ridox fibreglass... Would suit the car better imo if you dont have any other Ridox bits on the car

Yeah, as Add said, the Ridox traditionally have a carbon lower step. That is why there is the 'skirt' section added to the bottom of the full fibreglass version.

It would look better (in my opinion of course) to opt either for just the regular OEM spats or even the Veilside spats. They seem like a more flared version of the OEM spats to me. I think they look good.

Oh, ok I didn't realise they started out as carbon bottoms.

I was planning on painting the bottom skirt Matt black anyway, I have oem skirts so maybe they'll look ok?

If I go for anything it'll either be oem or ridox, not really a fan of the vs ones.

Only reason I'm asking is I've been offered a cheap set of ridox ones, so as long as they're a good fit I think I'll have a go at them!

Thanks again guys!