The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much to spray front bumper.

barneybrendan

fook a duck, 250-300 just to paint a bumper? do you get lubed before hand? if you dont need prepping and primeing i would pay £80 max . send it to me and ill get it done properly for £50.

I have a trial rear and a front bumper to fit. Interested in your painting mate. Whereabouts art thou?

fook a duck, 250-300 just to paint a bumper? do you get lubed before hand? if you dont need prepping and primeing i would pay £80 max . send it to me and ill get it done properly for £50.

£50 wont even cover materials,if you using proper paint.you get what you pay for with anything.

i bet a bumper painted for £50 will look pretty shite in 6 months time,unless your in the bodywork trade and doing it as a pj n not paying for materials

thats just my opinion though

it will need prepping and priming as its blue at the moment.

If the paint work is ok it will only need keyin (sp) and painting... Wont need prepping and priming unless the bumpers in a state.... Bumper off the car I'd expect to pay £80-100 witn no repair work being done

What he said, you boys need to stop think that you need to spend telephone numbers just because it's a Supra.

Lyndon.

What he said, you boys need to stop think that you need to spend telephone numbers just because it's a Supra.

Lyndon.

So you expect a painter with rent and insurance etc to pay on a premises to spend prob at least 4 -5 hours prepping (even if its only rubbing down) painting and flatting and polishing a front bumper for £50 !!!!! so he gets around £10 an hour less his expenses for electricity, rent and insurance?? But i'll bet you go out on a saturday night and blow more than that in the pub and half again on a takeaway. Where does charging more because its a Supra come into it, to MOST people its an OLD Toyota plain and simple !!!!

Just had a quote on my bonnet at £350-400 thats if I repair it myself. I'm off to get an air fed mask etc and will do it myself. For £400 I'm pretty sure I can do a passable job and have the tools and consumables left over to do some other jobs. If I was looking at a full respray I wouldn't even consider it, but how hard can 1 panel be?....................

I've painted enough cars, bikes etc in the past in cellulose to know my technique is good, I've just not tried 2k

Just had a quote on my bonnet at £350-400 thats if I repair it myself. I'm off to get an air fed mask etc and will do it myself. For £400 I'm pretty sure I can do a passable job and have the tools and consumables left over to do some other jobs. If I was looking at a full respray I wouldn't even consider it, but how hard can 1 panel be?....................[/QUOTE]

very hard! considering you dont know how to blend

Guest Budz86
Just had a quote on my bonnet at £350-400 thats if I repair it myself. I'm off to get an air fed mask etc and will do it myself. For £400 I'm pretty sure I can do a passable job and have the tools and consumables left over to do some other jobs. If I was looking at a full respray I wouldn't even consider it, but how hard can 1 panel be?....................

I've painted enough cars, bikes etc in the past in cellulose to know my technique is good, I've just not tried 2k

Famous last words! You could just try rattle cans?

Can you give me a quote to paint my whole car please, no colour change

very hard! considering you dont know how to blend

Oh you did receive my CV I thought it got lost in the post :)

Just as hard as a whole car but less for a painter to put right after you make a pigs ear of it !!! You going to spray 2K paint in your garage at home ???

I don't have a garage.

Famous last words!

Possibly....

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

My mate got his spoiler sprayed in a very rare silver and he was only charged £50 and its one of the best jobs i have ever seen, i know where im going with my bomex bumper and skirts :D

Exactly my point, I have a mate who uses a guy who is retired and does it in his spare time. He is one of the best painters I've seen and charges next to bugger all. Often when they find out you can map their car, there is no charge at all :D.

I'm having the lower lip primed and painted and the front bumper, bonnet and front wings blown in and don't expect to pay more than £200 all in.

Lyndon.

Exactly my point, I have a mate who uses a guy who is retired and does it in his spare time. He is one of the best painters I've seen and charges next to bugger all. Often when they find out you can map their car, there is no charge at all :D.

I'm having the lower lip primed and painted and the front bumper, bonnet and front wings blown in and don't expect to pay more than £200 all in.

Lyndon.

Its all about who you know, i do agree though cheap usually does mean rubbish but if you know the sprayer and know his/her work and never had any problems then who is to say this work is not as good as a £500 jobby, some people dont need to make a living off of mates, i know i wouldnt if i could do it, i will tell the gods honest truth, if i owned my own spray shop and sprayed all kinds of cars and earnt a good living out of it i would spray all my mates cars at cost only, i would probably even spray any of you guys on here at cost only too, maybe sounds stupid but the word soon spreads

all im saying, prepping is the hard part and this is what costs the big money and also determins the quality of the finish. i agree totally that if you want someone to do all the donkey work of prepping you shold pay strong money fort it. buuut i thaught the Op just wanted it painted. lets be honest painting is the esy bit. im nit a painter but have done a bit and on a properly prepped pannel using next doors dust free heated oven and borrowing the very expensive deviliss gun i can get a near perfect finish. but it takes a pro to get the surface you are painting good enough to get that finish. blending ect is different and again takes a skill. but my only point was if i was to take a fully prepped , edege to edge bumper with the correct paints to the guy i use. he would paint it for me and leave it mint for £50.

dnk he will do a full car pre prepped and masked for around £150 if you supply the paint.