The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from west midlands

thedirtycat

Hello everyone. Just reached my 25 posts and finally getting a supra in the next few weeks off Jurgen so I thought it was time to pay for membership and introduce myself properly.

Been after a supra for years now.. well since I was about 17 haha, but at last been able to get a decent price on insurance and saved up enough to buy a decent supra.

Hopefully I'm happy when I go to pick up my supra in a couple of weeks time, I'm sure I will be. After looking for a tt6 for the last couple of months I decided I would rather get one off Jurgen as he has a good reputation, after hearing some bad stories and seeing my friend buy a car off a dodgy guy and has now been waiting for 6 months for his car to be sorted out :S

As soon as I get it I will post some pictures. Hopefully its nice weather for the drive back. Will be following my dad back home in his 3 litre Audi and should hopefully be able to keep up :)

Going to be taking it easy though as I said in my other thread that my current car is a golf 1.9 tdi, so not quite as powerful as the supra and don't want the back end going all over the place just yet :p

Welcome to the club pal. Where abouts in the midlands are you?

Tell us more about the car!

Josh

I'm from Herefordshire. The car is a red tt6. Its fairly standard which is what I was after. Only major things are after market exhaust system and HKS suspension. It also has an abflug front bumber which I think I like. Been trying to decide if I prefer it to the standard front bumber or not and I think I do.

Welcome - good news about your new TT6. I am sure you will be well pleased when you get behind the wheel.

Take it easy for a while to adjust to rear wheel power delivery and then you will get bored following and leave your dads audi for dead. Thats what its all about:)

Welcome - good news about your new TT6. I am sure you will be well pleased when you get behind the wheel.

Take it easy for a while to adjust to rear wheel power delivery and then you will get bored following and leave your dads audi for dead. Thats what its all about:)

Haha. I'm pretty excited. The Audi is pretty fast though but I think the supra is a bit faster. It should hopefully be a nice relaxed 5 hour drive back home though :)

Excellent!

Well I'm only in Cannock so once you have it, I'll have to come have a gander!

And in my opinion, stock bodied Supras look far better;)

Yeah, sure come and have a look. I know the standard look is great. At first I didn't like the front bumper but I kind of like it. Still not sure but I know Jurgen did say he could put the standard bumper back on if I wanted. I think I'm going to wait to see some more pictures of the car before I can decide.

Haha. I'm pretty excited. The Audi is pretty fast though but I think the supra is a bit faster. It should hopefully be a nice relaxed 5 hour drive back home though :)

I have also got a 3 litre BMW and thats not anywhere near as fast as my supe. Power delivery in standard trim still surprises most cars.

I have also got a 3 litre BMW and thats not anywhere near as fast as my supe. Power delivery in standard trim still surprises most cars.

Intersting. My dads one is the A4 avant TDI with 240hp. Looking at the specs even though it has less hp it has more torque than a standard supra but weighs about 150kgs more than the supra.

Intersting. My dads one is the A4 avant TDI with 240hp. Looking at the specs even though it has less hp it has more torque than a standard supra but weighs about 150kgs more than the supra.

His turbo brings on the torque delivery early but when your spooling in the second turbo at around 3 to 4 thousand revs yours will pick up its skirts again and thats when your grin gets really big.

Torque in my opinion means nothing - jcbtt is my dad and he has the 330d bmw 3 series m sport and although it has 540nm of torque i personally feel the bpu supra pulls harder :)

BPU supras definitely pull pretty hard. Only been in "fastcars" bpu supra for a bit but it was very quick. I might drive my dads Audi some of the way there so I will be able to compare the two. I'm sure my dad said the Audi still feels kind of sluggish compared to his non turbo vx220 though.

BPU supras definitely pull pretty hard. Only been in "fastcars" bpu supra for a bit but it was very quick. I might drive my dads Audi some of the way there so I will be able to compare the two. I'm sure my dad said the Audi still feels kind of sluggish compared to his non turbo vx220 though.

It probs has massive turbo lag - You never get that on a bpu supra the boost is just always there :) - Not sure if you get turbo lag on a single turbo supra one of the more "Nerdy" owners will be along in a minute to tell you haha.

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. :)

TT6! Very nice! Looking forward to seeing pics of her (maybe I can come see it in person being a fellow Herefordian :D - not many of us :p - where abouts in the area you from? :))

Look forward to hearing from you :D

b;3383495']Hey mate, welcome to the forum. :)

TT6! Very nice! Looking forward to seeing pics of her (maybe I can come see it in person being a fellow Herefordian :D - not many of us :p - where abouts in the area you from? :))

Look forward to hearing from you :D

I live right in Hereford not far from the fire station. I think we should organise for a few of us to meet up in Hereford or something when I've got the supra back in Hereford. Should be the 12 of May I expect if everything goes to plan.

I live right in Hereford not far from the fire station. I think we should organise for a few of us to meet up in Hereford or something when I've got the supra back in Hereford. Should be the 12 of May I expect if everything goes to plan.

Ahh awesome. From Hereford city as well like.

Will defiantly have to meet up, should be great :D Great to have another supra about the town.

b;3383527']Ahh awesome. From Hereford city as well like.

Will defiantly have to meet up, should be great :D Great to have another supra about the town.

Hell yeah! Welcome fellow herefordian! :guitar: (couldn't find a banjo player in a rocking chair :( )

Be nice to have another forum member about! Few supra's about but fewer members. Welcome & meets sound like a good idea... As long as it ain't at the bus station I'm cool! Ha ha

Hell yeah! Welcome fellow herefordian! :guitar: (couldn't find a banjo player in a rocking chair :( )

Be nice to have another forum member about! Few supra's about but fewer members. Welcome & meets sound like a good idea... As long as it ain't at the bus station I'm cool! Ha ha

Haha. im sure there are some better places we could all meet up. Although hereford i such a small place. we will have to arrange something though. My dad said he wanted to take his rally car though the bus stop car park one night haha.

I shall hang my head in shame.& claim it was purely for scientific reasons... As I wondered what these people do. & if you hear anything out of the ordinary I had run over a christmas tree!? Honest! Ha ha!

So what's your old man rallying?

& can't wait to see another supra around town! What colour is it 199 silver,black?

Edited by -Welsh-Stealth-
Few drinks= spelling not great (see edit history)

Good to hear :)

im only down the road just past cannock too and despite the death of my last supra, i also have another one on the way from jurgen over the next month or two :)

welcome :)

Cool another member not too far away!

Seems we will be able to populate a small carpark soon! :-D