The mkiv Supra Owners Club

calling all people with HEL brake lines

D8MOA

I fitted a set last year and wasnt impressed with the way they fitted, in particular with the way the rear ones were hard to dress and position in a way that wouldnt foul with the inner edge of my wheels and tyres. I replaced the rears with a set of Goodriges bought from a member on here and they fitted beautifully by comaparison.

I am told HEL have changed pipe design, and it appears that's the case. The new ones have swivel end fittings. I too had to grind the C clips wider to fit the bigger diameter grooves in the HEL fittings, plus the groove spacing was wrong to allow the two clips and the body tag to fit together correctly. I had to turn the grooves wider on a lathe, and there's not much material to work with. Without a lathe and decent tooling you'd be in a mess. Their old ones were fine, from memory. They need telling about this issue.

Goodridge here and fitted with no problems, they've been on the car several years and

all is good :)

Think they were approx £60

I'd be wanting a refund rather than start modifying them.

Looking at it I think I may try that route :)

i have looked into this and the company i brought mine from appear to be a company who make the lines using HEL's blueprints under licence to them!!

*Hi there,

Many thanks for your email. If you could please take some pictures of the product and send it to sales@*****.co.uk

So we can email it forward to HEL manufacture. We got the blueprint from HEL and that's where we followed from. you can return the item back to us as long the item has not been used or has any damaged on it and when we received it back we are happy to give you a full refund back.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks*

this was a email from them

i made my own brakelines and used cable ties to keep them in place... win. thats what i needed a set of oem for to copy the fitting and lenths to make another set without haveing to take mine off in , theyve been on for about 3 years without issue. going to knock up another set for when the new supe comes to fluition