The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toyota Discs and CW Pads fitted. Calliers painted and decals added :-)

JimC

Very nice, I put the same combination of brakes and pads on my car and they're great.

Loving the colour of your wheels:cool:

Thanks mate, I switched from Wheelmania Vortex R's and I prefer these wheels so much more. Really sit with the quicksilver colour well.

I agree about the discs and pads...I had 3G grooved discs with CW pads before these toyota discs and I have to say IMO the Toyota discs feel better.

Great job mate, looks awesome. :D

Not fancy some braided lines while you were in there?

Thanks Geo.

Yeah braided lines are on the never ending list! I'm going to be doing some more work in there soon, cleaning up and powder coating the suspenion arms so will likely get done then!

May i ask, what is the best way to clean up the calipers before repainting them ? mine are already red and im going to repaint them red but would like to completely strip them first and clean them and then repaint them. Will paint stripper clean them well enough or just sand them ?

May i ask, what is the best way to clean up the calipers before repainting them ? mine are already red and im going to repaint them red but would like to completely strip them first and clean them and then repaint them. Will paint stripper clean them well enough or just sand them ?

The way I did mine was firstly wire brush to remove any large grime build up and scaling debris, then I just used the Folitech brake cleaner. Put a load on and scrub with rags several times, then 2 applications of the cleaner all over and left for 10 mins. After that the callipers were completely de greased and as clean as I could have hoped to get them.

That looks good, is it an aerosol or a tin? I can't see brush marks on your calipers.

Loving the wheels btw

Thansk Gaz.

It's from a tin and in two parts. A separate hardener added to the coloured primer / laquer mixture. My brother (dandan) used it on his in black and the carbon grey on mine worked great too. It also dries "flat" (if you know what I mean?) so you dont need to be too cautious spending ages trying to get it perfectly painted :-)

The way I did mine was firstly wire brush to remove any large grime build up and scaling debris, then I just used the Folitech brake cleaner. Put a load on and scrub with rags several times, then 2 applications of the cleaner all over and left for 10 mins. After that the callipers were completely de greased and as clean as I could have hoped to get them.

Thanks mate, id like to do mine this weekend but how the weather is round my way dont think its gonna happen :(

Thansk Gaz.

It's from a tin and in two parts. A separate hardener added to the coloured primer / laquer mixture. My brother (dandan) used it on his in black and the carbon grey on mine worked great too. It also dries "flat" (if you know what I mean?) so you dont need to be too cautious spending ages trying to get it perfectly painted :-)

Nice, cheers dude