The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decided it was time for some Bass in the Supra

DodgyRog

Well I have been thinking about doing something for a while now and I recently got a set of rear Vibe speakers from hackin'n'bashin http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?265929-Rear-Speaker-Brackets-and-Speakers and although this is a definate improvement over the stock speakers, I wanted to get a subtle bit of Bass to fill the sound out a bit:D

Well as luck would have it a Sub and Amp combo came up on EBay that was only down in Plymouth, so I waited until the last few seconds of the auction and got it for £36 and picked it up in the lorry today

Still need to do some wiring to fit it and need to work out a way to raise it to sit over the Carbing Rear Brace

Be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with this Sub (Vibe Light Air Compact 12" Subwoofer with built in Amp 1350W), as I have absolutely no idea on ICE, but at £36 I could not resist and it's colour coded as well which is a bonus:cool:

I still have a plan in my head for a rear seat delete, well sort of, I am intending on doing a speaker build in the rear seats, just need to get a sare rear seat at some point. The plan is to do a build in the seat so it is removable, then I can swap the speaker build for the seat if necessary

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

What a bargain, I have a vibe sub and amp combo that I bought for my first car 13yrs ago and it still thumps today...! :)

There is still the odd deal on EBay, but they are getting rare now, this Sub is still pushing £200 new

I have a complete rear seat (lower and upper parts) for £100 for both

I won't be paying that much bud, I will be cutting them up and rear seats don't usually go for much, but thanks for the offer

To be honest it's something I am planing to do next winter, I need to save some money up for a few things and the ICE build is a long way down the list for the moment, so may have to wait longer than that

Cheers anyway;)

I am not sure how I am going to fix it down yet, thinking of raising it slightly to allow it to sit flat over the Strut Brace and then fixing it to the centre chasis bolts

At the moment I more worried about the wiring, especially the battery cable, I hate electrics:nyah:

Anyone know the easiest route in the Supra?:sos:

Through the bulk head then under the trims by the driver's side door. Run the speaker cable down the other side to avoid interference. I think...

my power cable runs through the bulk head and up the passenger side, speaker cables drivers side. Means the power cable doesnt have to cross the width of the car from the battery ;)

Thanks both, do you know were in the bulkhead, is there somewhere that is easy access wise, I will have access to a ramp again in a couple of weekends time, so will proberbly have a look at it then

I was planing to run the speaker cable down through the centre console and under the middle of the rear seat, just seemed the easiest/shortest route from the back of the headunit

I guess Hodge would be a good one to ask for this one

Also, can you get a Battery cable in Black, all the ones on EBay are bright Blue and that's the last thing I want under my bonnet or could I just wrap it in insulation tape or spray it Matte black

I think I am really going mad,

I was just looking at the pics in my first post and caught myself thinking about taking the speaker out and turning it 180 degrees, so the wording will be the right way up, I really need to talk to someone:blink::taped:

I'd do that too, you are not alone...

Nice one! I am looking to get a bass for DB too! We are just a bunch of hooligans.

More Dean than anyone though as his packing a night club in the rear :D

Imagine all that Bass and Exhaust noise in a 4 mile tunnel:eek:

and don't forget the Fog horn in Dean's aswell

Nice one! I am looking to get a bass for DB too! We are just a bunch of hooligans.

More Dean than anyone though as his packing a night club in the rear :D

Think I will need to sort a second battery as well to run it all, not done bass for some years so will be interesting to see what talk sport actually sounds like through the "bins" lol

I think I am really going mad,

I was just looking at the pics in my first post and caught myself thinking about taking the speaker out and turning it 180 degrees, so the wording will be the right way up, I really need to talk to someone:blink::taped:

If I did that, then the wording doing the side would do my head in next :taped:

Imagine all that Bass and Exhaust noise in a 4 mile tunnel:eek:

and don't forget the Fog horn in Dean's aswell

Oh kack - Note to self, keep away from Dean's car in the tunnel :D

Think I will need to sort a second battery as well to run it all, not done bass for some years so will be interesting to see what talk sport actually sounds like through the "bins" lol

:lol:

At the moment I more worried about the wiring, especially the battery cable, I hate electrics:nyah:

Anyone know the easiest route in the Supra?:sos:

Nice buy :)

I ran my wiring for the sensors/gauges/displays etc through the main huge grommet in the passenger side bulkhead. Basically took a feed from the bottom of the fusebox where the + batt cable goes into the fusebox, just because it looked neater than going straight onto the battery, then run it along the top of the passenger side chassis rail inside some conduit, then up behind the charcoal canister into the grommet. If you use the right size conduit and cut a smaller hole in the grommet the conduit makes a great seal and looks kinda oem. You will need to lift the charcoal canister up out of the way and unbolt the 'grommet' 10mm socket I think as then you have a large hole to feed the cable downwards behind the heater etc.

The only tricky bit is reaching up behind the dash to pull the cable down behind the heater unit. Taking the lower glovebox out really helps.

From there you are on your own :) but I would assume that the cable would run inside the passenger kick panel then up alongside the sill etc into the rear. Don't forget to run the remote cable from the stereo at the same time and also the phonos.

I know this won't help but I enjoyed typing it ;)

Rob

If I did that, then the wording doing the side would do my head in next :taped:

:lol:

Thanks Abz:rolleyes: Unsurprisingly, I had noticed that aswell:innocent:

Nice buy :)

I ran my wiring for the sensors/gauges/displays etc through the main huge grommet in the passenger side bulkhead. Basically took a feed from the bottom of the fusebox where the + batt cable goes into the fusebox, just because it looked neater than going straight onto the battery, then run it along the top of the passenger side chassis rail inside some conduit, then up behind the charcoal canister into the grommet. If you use the right size conduit and cut a smaller hole in the grommet the conduit makes a great seal and looks kinda oem. You will need to lift the charcoal canister up out of the way and unbolt the 'grommet' 10mm socket I think as then you have a large hole to feed the cable downwards behind the heater etc.

The only tricky bit is reaching up behind the dash to pull the cable down behind the heater unit. Taking the lower glovebox out really helps.

From there you are on your own :) but I would assume that the cable would run inside the passenger kick panel then up alongside the sill etc into the rear. Don't forget to run the remote cable from the stereo at the same time and also the phonos.

I know this won't help but I enjoyed typing it ;)

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will have a look at the weekend, weather permiting.............fancy a trip To Exmouth Rob;)

looking forward to seeing this seat delete mate!

It is a while off yet and to be honest, the image in my head is great, but I have a problem with transferring it to reality

I have a rear seat you can have.... Let me know where I should send it ;)

Cheers Rob, I might be able to work out collecting it at some point, think posting might be a bit costly

It would be nice to do it when we arrive back from Florida, but the Jetlag is a pain when you have to drive for 4 hours without adding to it

I will have a chat with you on the Dragonball bud, unless your in a hurry to get rid or I can sort something before

Cheers Rob, I might be able to work out collecting it at some point, think posting might be a bit costly

It would be nice to do it when we arrive back from Florida, but the Jetlag is a pain when you have to drive for 4 hours without adding to it

I will have a chat with you on the Dragonball bud, unless your in a hurry to get rid or I can sort something before

It's been in the garage for nearly 2 years.... Another while ain't going to make a massive difference.... If it wasn't for all the crap we will have in the car for dragonball I could have brought it with me and we could have fitted it to your car :)