The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leather Front Seat change

fordy_alexsupra

You can put any set you like in, providing they will physically fit, it just a case of making or adapting seat rails/brackets to fit.

This is true. If you use the rails as made by Johndmkiv for sale in the group buy and you don't mind a little bit of work you should be able to fit pretty much anything in so long as they physically fit in the space. I picked up some gen 7 celica leather seats cheap and using the rails they fit well.

This is true. If you use the rails as made by Johndmkiv for sale in the group buy and you don't mind a little bit of work you should be able to fit pretty much anything in so long as they physically fit in the space. I picked up some gen 7 celica leather seats cheap and using the rails they fit well.

I have checked out them celica seats and they look very simular which is good.

Can you link me to Johndmkiv please i have searched but no such luck?

thanks for the info guys

Great pictures gives me an idea :) and celica seats look great!

Small question, the rails are bolted to the car and holes are drilled in them and bolted to the runners on any seat type (picture with mole grips) as long as the seat I buy fit can the space, correct?

Great pictures gives me an idea :) and celica seats look great!

Small question, the rails are bolted to the car and holes are drilled in them and bolted to the runners on any seat type (picture with mole grips) as long as the seat I buy fit can the space, correct?

/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay, only just seen your last post. Yes thats correct. The seat rails are preformed and drilled ready to bolt into the holes in the floor that the oem seats bolt to. And yes if the rails of the seats you intend to use have enough space and clearance in their runners you could bolt them. I had hoped to do this with mine but there was not enough space inthe Celica seat runners to do it and the mole grips were there to hold the rails to the runners just prior to welding them together. Hope that helps.

Edited by Shane
typo (see edit history)

Sorry for the delay, only just seen your last post. Yes thats correct. The seat rails are preformed and drilled ready to bolt into the holes in the floor that the oem seats bolt to. And yes if the rails of the seats you intend to use have enough space and clearance in their runners you could bolt them. I had hoped to do this with mine but there was not enough space inthe Celica seat runners to do it and the mole grips were there to hold the rails to the runners just prior to welding them together. Hope that helps.

Good to know thank you, question how come the celica seat runners didn't fit the new platforms, where the holes for bolting to far spaced apart?

Welding is not a problem for me and I can make new platforms in my workshop.

The lugs tha bolt down to the floor on the Celica seats are a mile off the Supra ones and I had to chop them off first. This then leaves you with the Straight runners to then fix to the rails.

Good to know thank you, question how come the celica seat runners didn't fit the new platforms, where the holes for bolting to far spaced apart?

Welding is not a problem for me and I can make new platforms in my workshop.

/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I used a small arc welder with thin rods, on the Celica seats I used the rails were pretty thick tbh and had no problem just running a few small runs of weld down the seam of the rails from John and the Celica rails. Hope that helps.

Drivers side in, the welding went better than expected, but only 3 bolts holding it because the rear seat rail covers one hole :(

Can these rails be used to fit Recaro seats off Civic Type R's and Evo's?

No idea, is there any way you could check the type r and evo rails? they should because the new brackets are 50mm width