The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what do i need to do to fit an aristo tt into a supra na?

viper

what do i need to do to fit an aristo tt into a supra na?

i heard the sump may need changing?

is there anything else i require.

Im looking at a 1997 aristo 2jz gte vvti engine.

im goign to be keeping my 5 speed box for the conversion

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Drilling and tapping a hole isn't very difficult. most machine shops will be able to do this for you as long as they have details of location and thread.

EDIT: whifbitz fitted my parts, you could ask to send him your sump and ask him to do it as he knows whats required. Just an idea

Except from what the others said, depends on how much would you want the Aristo VVTi to look like Supra VVTi engine. Power Steering Pump is different, so is the A/C compressor.

Apart from all that, the engine ECU of the Aristo is in the engine bay and not on the passenger footwell, so you will need to do a lot of extending/rewiring.

If you want traction, you will have to change the engine ECU, if you change it, you will need to change/add few sensors.

Edited by EMPEROR (see edit history)

I can bore out the oil return hole, and drill and tap for the mounting studs if you send me the N/A sump. As Emperor says, be aware the wiring loom for the Aristo engine will NOT allow normal footwell placement of the ecu, and there are a LOT of wires, included shielded ones, to extend. You really need a Supra VVTi engine loom.

ah i see,

so what i need is the sump, supra vvti tt engine loome

are the power steering pump and air com pump not the same?

can i not just use the ones off my NA if thats the case?

another thing, someone mentioned vvti is flyby wire throttle? is this true or will my throttle cable from the NA be fine?