The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The TFT Speedo head project begins.

Nodalmighty

This is actually a lie, it began about 2 years ago but I got dropped by Leukaemia. However, My first mounting frame is in the post so I should be able to finally mount it in the cluster and create a demo. Still lots to do, mainly the finishing screen surround and a ton of software, but I'll install a pre production prototype in GlennK's car hooked up to the RS232 output of his Syvecs just to get the ball rolling (as the poor bloke has been very patient with the whole thing). It will display either multiple groups of 4 values or all 12 values with warning and peak settings also displayed. Menu's, cal/boost/traction control and various other unique display options and controls will be offered via the i-drive interface in the final product (as well as an autobox controller). A second screen replacing the RPM head will follow and I will then complete the set with a Fuel/Temp head replacement with dual screens. You will be able to assign any ecu parameter to any screen via the i-drive and I will include performance timers, 3 axis g-meter, knock spectrograph and road tuning graphing modes to assist final road mapping (AFR, Knock, etc v's RPM, boost, etc.) By this time It will be running the ARM, can bus processor board.

ECU's supported will be Syvecs/Life/Pectel, Link G4, Emerald K6, AEM, MoTec and DTA (I'll add more as and when).

Expected RRP : £200 for the processor box and speedo head display (add £50 if the Autobox controller is installed) and £100 for each additional screen (10% of which will go to Cure Leukaemia).

I'll do an MR2 version and a stand alone version using the touch screen to keep it in one integral unit.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyndon,

Naive question but will these be able to take an analog input? I have a stock ecu but loads of sensor modules with analog outputs. Sorry if this is a stupid question :)

Really looking forward to seeing this even if I have to buy a syvecs to use it :)

Rob

It has 6 5v analogue standalone inputs (I can do one with 8 inputs) So pressure/temp and egt amps kits (which I also make ;) are catered for ).

Lyndon.

Lyndon,

Naive question but will these be able to take an analog input? I have a stock ecu but loads of sensor modules with analog outputs. Sorry if this is a stupid question :)

Really looking forward to seeing this even if I have to buy a syvecs to use it :)

Rob

It has 6 5v analogue standalone inputs (I can do one with 8 inputs) So pressure/temp and egt amps kits (which I also make ;) are catered for ).

Lyndon.

So with my 8+ plx sensor modules I could use this? If so I'm one happy bunny :)

Do you have a timescale to have this in 'production'? and also how would this be controlled, would we need to get an i-drive controller?

Sorry for the questions :)

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

So with my 8+ plx sensor modules I could use this? If so I'm one happy bunny :)

Do you have a timescale to have this in 'production'? and also how would this be controlled, would we need to get an i-drive controller?

Sorry for the questions :)

You can indeed as long as the sensors are all 5v (although I can make it capture any voltage with extra circuitry). You don't need the i-drive if you are having a bespoke single screen (8 parameters on one screen) display version just for you. I will need to add a speed and rpm signal capture circuits to your version (easy as the interrupts used for the i-drive can be used for these instead).

I'll need a few quid up front as a deposit so I can order all the bits in.

Lyndon.

Loving that.

Will that mount in place of the stock Speedo/Odo?

Yep. I'll be doing one to replace the tacho and fuel/temp next too.

Face lift owners may have to down grade to pre clocks if they want to replace the temp/fuel/boost facia.

Each tft can support up to 4gb of logging.

T

Lyndon.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first ever demo for GlennK taken on my phone (hence naff quality at beginning) but it gives you an idea of the basic display.

Lyndon.

Wow how much boost you running ? you would give jamie a run for his money with that much i think :p nah nice bit of kit mate i just wish i had a turbo now haha