The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ultimate budget build.. project black dog!

dr_jekyll

with all the threads and posts about bugit items and cheap alternatives i thaught id set myself a challange.

so the aim of the task in hand;

to build a car with 350+bhp that can be used as a daily for less than £2500...... including buying the car (all gasp)

the rules.

must be a mkiv supra

no holds barred.

the search for the subject car has begun. ...... wish me luck

bugit remaining £735

car -£995

headlights -£70

bonnet -£50

emanage £50

full t61 kit £600

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all the threads and posts about bugit items and cheap alternatives i thaught id set myself a challange.

to build a car with 350+bhp that can be used as a daily for less than £2500...... including buying the car (all gasp)

the rules.

no holds barred.

Good luck Craig, my budget is £3500 and am (just about) on track for it. Any news on the tyres?

Adam

the rules.

no holds barred.

I did that with a 1JZ MKiii supra, not that hard, you can prob do it with the 1JZ Soarer even cheaper too.

Is this for real? If so I would be tempted to buy a car like this just to pinch the wheels, exhaust, steering wheel etc then flog the rest in the parts section! 1992 though, that can't be right!

This should be an epic thread dude :thumbs:

If you do your plan you were talking about when me & Lewis were over at the garage the other day lemmie know and ill see if I can come over with Lewis like : D

P.s. Hope your gonna pile all the parts into a red pickup we can all drive down the road next to :p :cool:

b;3377631']This should be an epic thread dude :thumbs:

If you do your plan you were talking about when me & Lewis were over at the garage the other day lemmie know and ill see if I can come over with Lewis like : D

P.s. Hope your gonna pile all the parts into a red pickup we can all drive down the road next to :p :cool:

thats the plan mate, were pickin up the parts from harrys, they overniting from japan at the moment

haha i like it but a smashed up tt could easy make that power, i think you have to state that you are doing a n/a-t or tt-t to prove the cheap stuff

plus its has to be usable as a daily, and i dont think you get a smashed up tt and bpu it for less than 2500