The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem when full cut to the right HELP URGENT

cooke

when i have my supra full cut to the right and move back or forward the right wheel almost feels like its flat but its not, its like the wheel is moving all over the place but it only happens when the full cut is on, its like the car drops up and down on the right side and you can feel it even if your a passenger so its not just through the steering wheel i feel it, it also make a noise and it gets faster the faster i drive with full cut on

Why dont you do some basic checks and jack each wheel off the ground and check the wheel bearings

are okay for starters, see if the wheels rotate freely and without any nasty noises also ruling out caliper

seizing problems

Full hair cut, as opposed to half the head being trimmed. That's what I read it as, and just replied to the question I assumed he meant.

Is it half price to just get half your hair cut? I hope so!

No, it seems to be around 2/3 of the price of a full cut.

Full cut = full lock of the steering wheel, i have 235/47/17 on my car so im hoping it was just skiping

More than likely what it is. Maybe get an alignment setup done as that may sort it.

My thoughts are that one wheel has more toe in than the other, so one is being forced along the way the other wants to go, so the one with less toe in is being dragged, which would cause the skip you feel.

If that's all rubbish, then sorry, but it seems like a good explanation to me.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

More than likely what it is. Maybe get an alignment setup done as that may sort it.

My thoughts are that one wheel has more toe in than the other, so one is being forced along the way the other wants to know, so the one with less toe in is being dragged, which would cause the skip you feel.

If that's all rubbish, then sorry, but it seems like a good explanation to me.

+1.....mine did the same till I had it all set up on a laser alignment jig

I doubt its for any great length of time, at least i hope not.

I had to do this to locate a problem on my Landcruiser last week and i narrowed the problem

down to the o/s/r wheel area, then fixed the problem.

It saved me taking all the wheels off as by just spinning them by hand the noise didnt happen.