The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what are your views on this single turbo kit? t61 turbo any good?

Supra N_A

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what other parts would you need?

you wouldnt need a syvecs would you?

you would need either a good piggyback ecu or a standalone. for 550bhp the emanage ultimate or aem fic would do the job with 650cc injectors and 2 pumps. thats pretty much the same manifold , down pipe and fmic ive had for the last 5 years and thats the turbo im using now.

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

If your wanting to go single go with a Whifbitz kit, they have been proven on here to be decent kits by a few members.

XS power stuff is cheap and the manifolds i have read do have problems, there is another cheap manifold called OBX from the states but they arent much to right home about either.

Going single can be done on the cheap but I would want to do it that way as it cost you a lot of money in the end.

Do it once do it properly.

that is so cheap

i would never run high boost on that just scares me being so cheap, can always give it ago and see how it goes and then replace bits as you go will cost you alot in the long run keep changing parts, i do have a xs power manifold on mine it have done 5k miles when i got it and was cracked so have had it welded seems okay at the mo but i have only done about 1k miles

thinking of going single turbo

looking at this kit seems ok tbh but has any one had experience with them at all??

also t61 turbo what do you think?

want some thing to spool quickly and not much lag :)

http://www.xspoweruk.com/2jzge-single-turbo-conversion-2jz-450-550whp-kit.aspx

are them manifolds strong enough also decat?

What's your budget for the total build?

Forget cheap kits, they are cheap because IMO they're junk and not fit for purpose, a decent quality kit will cost £3K-£4K+ and the total build cost £10K+. You could buy used parts and save some money but that comes with some risk.

If you are looking for a 'budget' kit I'd go with the PHR street kit.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

What's your budget for the total build?

Forget cheap kits, they are cheap because they're junk and not fit for purpose, a decent kit will cost £3K-£4K+ and the total build cost £10K+. You could buy used parts and save a some money but that comes with some risk.

If you are looking for a 'budget' kit I'd go with the PHR street kit.

i dont think its you place to brand peoples products junk and not for for purpose. that may be your opininion but the cheap kit has been very fit for my purpose. it will not suffice for a high end massive power build but the manifold, turbo and downpipe have done me fine for my needs