The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much would you be spending to get your supra to around 600 bhp

Guest clarkey7960

Guest clarkey7960

how much would you have to spend to get your supra to 600 bhp would you have to take the engine apart and reinforce it aswell ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Decent 600hp turbo's not going to cost much less than £2k (Garret GTX3582R for example), so I'd say £15k unless you're very lucky with 2nd hand parts. Remember, you're going to want some decent brakes and tyres with that shiny new turbo ;)

Unless you want to spend your Single turbo Supra time in the lay by, don't skimp on the important bits.

A Decent 600hp turbo's not going to cost much less than £2k (Garret GTX3582R for example), so I'd say £15k unless you're very lucky with 2nd hand parts. Remember, you're going to want some decent brakes and tyres with that shiny new turbo ;)

Unless you want to spend your Single turbo Supra time in the lay by, don't skimp on the important bits.

My new turbo is half that and ive bought the best I could find, custom made triple ceramic bearing with billet wheel !!!

I'll be spending about 3k on my NA-T conversion (That includes a quality Turbo and ECU). It will be a 600+bhp capable install but running 400bhp on 95 ron.

Do bare in mind I don't pay for materials, mapping, wiring or mechanical labour and my wife is a MOD coded automotive and marine welder fabricator :D

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

What would the £15k be spent on, a list to justify would be lovely :)

I'm guessing a syvecs and map would be £2k and a turbo £2k?

So what is the other £11k spent on:

turbo kit about £4000

syvecs on its own is £1550, plus about £700 for fitting and mapping, then i think i paid about £1100 on the sensors and stuff.

The list/cost to build a decent reliable single turbo car is monsterous. I have spent about £3000 on JUST extra parts with SRD so far and i dropped my car off thinking i had it all. The little things add up and its no point going into a build if your not prepared to do things the right way.... cut corners and you will pay for it in the future.

mainfold 500-1k

custon down pipe mid pipe 500-1k

oil lines 250

oil pump 200

water pump 150

breather setup 150

waste gate 500-1k

oil coolers 200

injectors + rail + fpr 1-1.5k

fuel pump 150-200

all the little bits just add up and then you have labour, i still probably missed loads out thats just off the top of my head

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Thanks, neither of these add up to 15k though.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious. I just always wonder when prices are bandied about that no one justifies the quoted figure. I'm all too aware that these things add up, having just spend £6-700 in the last couple of weeks on 'general' service stuff. Its like when bpu was £1-£2k I never understood how it could get to those prices. I think mine was £500 for quality parts, I was lucky with prices on some of the parts being s/h.

my list just made 6k then add turbo and ecu that 3k then labour easy puts you into 13k with the other stupid bits i missed like air filter and intercooler piping and fabricating,

if you can do it your self then that price comes down, as i done mine on the cheap with the recycling of stock intercooler piping,and got a s/h turbo and down pipe, you will be suprised how much the little bits add up like the braided lines and fittings,

trust me i thought the same as you before i done it|! how can it cost that much even when i got the s/h kit i done over 1k on silly bits

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Well i guess if you cant do most of the work yourself it will be spendy and if you want all your parts to have greddy/hks or w/e on em But i seriously doubt that a 600 single would cost me anything close to 10-15k i think it would be aroundish 4-6k

4-6k

With what ecu? as that with mapping will be a massive chunk of that, to be fair you could get everything ebay like mine and do it all your self for 6k if you got lucky with some s/h parts