The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi

Guest DesSimpson

Guest DesSimpson

Hi guys/gals

I've not got a Supra but I just registered today as I spotted a couple of nice ones in Cheltenham and thought it worth a mention (Going to post a spotted thread) :)

I've hankered after one for years but to be honest. I'm a bit scared of the RWD :(

Des

Guest DesSimpson

I've only ever had one RWD car and that was a Honda S2000.

I had it for about 8 months and sold it after the first heavy rain (trip to Scotland)

Spiteful, spiteful car!!

What sort of power do the NA cars push out?

I've only ever had one RWD car and that was a Honda S2000.

I had it for about 8 months and sold it after the first heavy rain (trip to Scotland)

Spiteful, spiteful car!!

What sort of power do the NA cars push out?

Who wants to answer this one then? :D

They push 220bhp, The n/a's can still bite back sometimes. Take it easy at first and you will be fine.

The supra is the first rwd car i've had after a diet of fwd since passing my test. I was a bit wary of it at first but now it isn't a problem.

My car is pretty sure footed but in the wet there is a wee bit in the back of my head saying be carefull!

Guest DesSimpson

It's not so much my abilities. It's more the fact I'm a lazy driver :)

I've had 4WD for years and you don't really need to watch out for the back end stepping out. You just put your foot down and go.

That said. I don't do a lot of miles nowadays as I've got a little hatchback for the work commute.

RWD isn't as bad as you might think. I went from a Gen7 Celica to an N/A, was a little bit wary, but absolutely fine. As others have said, if you're not respectful, it will bite back, but to be honest, it's easily controllable if the ass does step out. Jump in and take the plunge mate. You will only regret it if you dont ;)