The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all!

Guest 02pmal

Guest 02pmal

Hello All, I've just signed up to the forum, Im 21, From Fareham, Hants I am currently the owner of a Citroen C2 GT (yes i know, a bit of a boy racer car so go easy hah) But am looking to upgrade a tad, been looking at various Japanese cars in my budget and insurance budget. Narrowed down realistically to 200sx S14, Honda prelude 2.2, Galant VR4, or an Audi S3 (german i know) but..... Ideally a supra would be for me , I know a member on this side who has a very good looking twin turbo and it goes some! The twin / single turbo is out of my budget, but a N/A looks right up my street and will be an improvement on my current motor. Seen ok ones online for the £3000 - £3500 region and done many insurance quotes and can get insurance for about £600 which bizarrely is about the same as my 1.6 C2?!

Any advice would be great, thanks

(here is a pic of my currrent toy car lol):

Guest 02pmal
£600 seems extremely low... I'd make sure they had all the detail right. If they did I moving next door to you lol. Welcome :thumbs:

yes i know, but it is legit, its with admiral who i'm with now, that with 3yrs no claims, and 4 years driving. But I have access to company car, and also where I live it is very very quiet. Ive done with it 300zx twin turbos and it was only £750 integra and civic type r's are about £1000

Guest 02pmal

Owning previously manual cars, would this be the preffered version, or would you still rate the auto on the n/a, although not a big fan of auto boxes

Owning previously manual cars, would this be the preffered version, or would you still rate the auto on the n/a, although not a big fan of auto boxes

Welcome to the club.

The question you are asking causes a bit of a divide, the supra auto box is a great box, very smooth and kick down is great, but others prefer a manual, me included, just because I like to be in control of the gears, and imo its far more fun.

Have a good read about, as price variations between models are very apparent and in some cases TT auto's can be picked up for simliar prices of a NA 5 speed.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Guest 02pmal

Cheers fella's tough choice, in a perfect world a TT would be incredible, but dont know if the budget will stretch that much, and with two turbo's I guess more to go wrong, i agree also that the control of picking your own gears is a great feeling, givies you more of a sense of contol imo anyway

Well its all down to personal preference and I still love my NA dispite wanting more power. If you reckon you will be happy with 220bhp then go for one or at least go for a spin in one.

If you are considering a TT at all check this one out-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?267766-Jap-spec-auto-tt-%A34000&p=3375607#post3375607

an absolute steel!

Guest 02pmal

To be honest 220 bhp will be plenty as of now my C2 has a measly 120ish, pretty rapid off the line due to being so light, but isnt enough for me. I reckon the N/A would probs suffice for now as I dont fancy knocking over any trees too soon haha

To be honest 220 bhp will be plenty as of now my C2 has a measly 120ish, pretty rapid off the line due to being so light, but isnt enough for me. I reckon the N/A would probs suffice for now as I dont fancy knocking over any trees too soon haha

:thumbs: In that case get yourself into the classifieds, some lovely cars have been cropping up for sale for very little money recently.

Good luck on your search.

Guest 02pmal

Just took a look on the one you said about and what a bargin that is! Always fearful something like a turbo is on its way out or something at that price lol, cheers though