The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels, why are they so confusing :(

Suprash

So Im looking for a decent set of drift wheels, now I was never one really for offsets and such like, but now Im actually taking notice of widths and offsets, its just seems like a small minefield lol :D

I've searched on here and read over various threads about offsets that would fit under rolled arches etc, but there is just so many variations dependent upon what the width is, to what the offset is and that can even change to what tyre you run.

So my car atm....the rears are on a 25mm spacer if I remember correctly, will have to whip one of the rears off tonight to check its width and offset as Im clueless to what Im even running lol

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313112_2145016943912_1200908869_31993185_1127888808_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/312596_2145018623954_1200908869_31993187_1160885652_n.jpg

But with the rolled arches Im really trying to work out what fitments I should be looking for ?

Any idea's how a front 8J ET40 and rear 9J ET35 would sit on say a 25mm hubcentric spacer all round ?

My tyre in the above pics is a 235 stretched, but its not extreme ?

I've already bought a set of 8.5J ET30's, so hope these will look ok as I feel Im having to guess overall based on my ignorant knowledge :D

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

I use to have 8.5J et 25 fronts and they sat flush with the arch and no rubbing. 9J et35 rear will fit fine, but I think they will sit in the arch quite alot. On the same wheels were 10J et45 rear and I personally thought they sit to far in.

The easiest way to work it out is to take a set of known widths and offsets then compare them to the wheels you are looking at using the offset calculator link below, eg. my wheels pictured below are F 18x9J +32, R 18x10J +32, these sit pretty much flush with the stock rolled wheel arches. Tyres in the pics are F 245/40/18 R 285/35/18.

Using the Offset Calculator put 9 +32 in the boxes at the top and the width/offset of the front wheels you are looking at below, then do the same comparison with the rear wheels. If you do use spacers then just minus the width of the spacer from the offset of the wheel. Ideally I would look for a set of wheels that do not require spacers.

eg. 8J +40 with a 25mm wheel spacer would be equivalent to 8J +15 (+40-25mm = +15) and 9J +35 with a 25mm wheel spacer would be equivalent to 9J +10 (+35-25mm = +10). If you compare these to my wheel widths/offsets using the offset calculator, the front wheels would extend 4mm further out than mine, the rears would extend 9mm further out than mine.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=744&d=1134501037

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=742&d=1134500988

Edited by Nic (see edit history)